Author Topic: Steroid injections?  (Read 1509 times)

ally

• Diamond member
Re: Steroid injections?
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2018, 09:07:23 AM »
All operations carry a risk.  Some have procedures done , and, it's a success.  Others like me, it's not so simple.  I regret having my first two spinal operations on three levels.  Not only were they not a succes, I've been left with extensive nerve damage and failed back syndrome.  However, two friends has similar operations, and, were fine.  I'd think very carefully of the pros and cons before going ahead with any surgery.  At the end of the day, it's your decision. Good luck

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2018, 09:11:36 AM »
I probably won’t have surgery and try everything else.
Because of the way my spine is it wouldn’t be the last operation I would have on it.
Will see what happens

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2018, 07:06:26 AM »
 >bighugs<

At the time I had my MRI spine scan I'd decided I'd undergo anything to ease the pain as it was at the time unbearable. I was gutted when I was told no operations or injections would help me. But I'm on really strong analgesics now, and have a couple more strong opioids to top up with and I find if I do the minimal mobility although the pain increases as I mobilise if kept to a minimal distance the pain is now at a bearable level and I don't feel as desperate or disappointed anymore. I am forever thankful that I was born in the age of effective medication though. So I can understand your decision.

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2018, 08:42:45 AM »
Thanks Fiz.
I received letter yesterday for another mri spine cervical
So see what that now shows.