Author Topic: Posting in code  (Read 665 times)

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: Posting in code
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 06:38:17 PM »
I wouldn't offer work to a door knocker either. That said I've employed two gardening companies recommended on checkatrade to try and tame my back garden but both have hashed the job totally so I don't know where to go with it.

That forum sounds extremely badly moderated to allow those coded posts to go unchallenged. The posters sound like 12 year old children.

And I also get upset about the racism towards Gypsy Travellers. They are a recognised Race and are therefore protected by law and any name calling or racism towards them is illegal. For example the term "pikey". I have a good friend who is Romany Gypsy, her mother still travels an annual route with her traditional Gypsy caravan and cob horse and is always welcomed by the villages she stops at. I've been onto the Romany Gypsy site many times now and the stereotyping of Gypsies is total wrong. I got to know this Romany Gypsy as we worked for the same organisation, paying tax and national insurance the same as anyone else. That's the way of the Romany Gypsies living on her settled site. She's not happy with travellers who camp wherever on their travels illegally leaving a horrendous mess behind. The Romany Gypsies get the fall out attitude that causes amongst the public who tar a Race with the brush needed for only a few.

It reminds me of the 3% fraudulent applications for benefits. The other 97% of genuine claimants receive the backlash and stereotyping caused by the 3% both by media and in real life.

I've learnt to cut out of my life things that I recognise are not helping my mental health. Maybe a month or threes break from that other forum would be helpful. Then when you return you can see whether the children have left or been moderated.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 07:07:46 PM »
I am oscillating so sharply between coping and not coping right now.

I can't remember whether I've said, but three government/public departments/entities that are supposed to be communicating with one another aren't and I've been tangled up in a nightmare of errors.  It's nothing to do with benefits, it's just to do with some basic documentation.  I'm oscillating between seeing the funny side and being in floods of tears.

The Gypsy & Traveller thing got under my skin at the wrong time and I went into meltdown.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2018, 07:57:58 AM »
  >bighugs< 

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »
Thanks.

I need to get out and about and relax.  I've so much that I need to do.  A lot of it's not much of itself, it's the cumulative effect.  There have been times in my life when it would have seemed like nothing and times when it would have seemed totally impossible.  Right now, it looks manageable on paper but gets put off.

It doesn't help that certain vision problems that are of themselves no big deal at all have worsened a bit and I keep thinking I can see movement close by on one side, as if it's outside the window.  It's very quiet here, i.e. to the extent that any vehicle going past attracts momentary attention. 

I expect I'll get used to these latest changes in my vision, which are just due to progressing posterior vitreous detachments, i.e. where the eyeball, with age, comes away from the retina.  As it progresses over time, there are flashes and extra floaters, both wispy ones and clouds, that attract the brain's attention until it gets used to the latest ones.  But it really feeds in horribly to any almost-paranoia.

Thank you, kind people, for grounding me.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »
Sunny,  the other forum is very different to this one.  I admit, I like reading some of the posts on there, and, the opinions on various subjects.  However, I doubt I'll post much,  if ever again.  I don't know the forum well enough to pass opinion on individuals.   I think some on there may be supportive  But, others won't be.  I'd even go as far as to say,  that some will be intolerant of others having different opinions to theirs , and, will take the rise out of them.  The same ones,  will  enjoy picking off those who constantly bite at any provocation. If you're feeling fragile right now, I'd give that forum a miss.  Why give them the pleasure of prodding you more.  Stay strong  >hugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 09:53:52 AM »
I think I'll see if I can limit which threads I go on and how much time I spend there.

I've been 'hiding' in my study, and I need to get out.  A couple of friends need to see me, so it'll get me out a bit.  It's a bit one-sided because neither can really communicate enough to be supportive of me, but it would do me good to help others, take me out of myself.

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2018, 10:02:14 AM »
Just read your last post.  I have PVD in both eyes.  It came on suddenly.  I had flashing in both eyes, which is more noticeable at night time.  It was that bad I went to the eye clinic at the walk in centre  at the local hospital.  I was diagnosed with the above.  I was given leaflets, which implied it could last for six months,  or even longer.  I've had it for over one year now.  Due to my profound deafness. Any eyesight issues horrifies me.  I look to hear, as well as to see.  I also have optical migraine.  When this happens, the flashing is apparent, even with my eyes closed, this is Accompanied with the pain from the migraine. All rather horrendous.  You will get used to the flashing in time. if it's any help I've also have optical illusions,  when I think someone has passed me by in the kitchen. It's caused  by the flashing when I move my eyes from side to side.  Try not to worry about it.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2018, 10:29:01 AM »
I've had the flashing in one eye for a couple of years, and in the other for, I think, about 5 years, maybe 6.

When I went to A&E with the first, the doctor told me it was a migraine  and I said that it wasn't because the arcs of light were in a circle round the edge of what that eye could see, not half of what I could see, which is what used to get with a migraine.  (I haven't had migraines for many years.)  I went private and got a referral to an eye hospital.  They weren't amused by the original misdiagnosis, because of the significant risk of a retinal tear with my degree of myopia.

With the second, I went straight to an eye A&E, which previously I hadn't known existed.

Apart from a large white floater, until recently, the flashes were gold and just as I went from a lighter to a darker  place, but now I'm getting more white flashes. 

It's reassuring to know that someone else gets the optical illusions I do where it seems that someone's passed by.  The brain's reaction to movement at the edge of the field of vision is amazing really, very protective against predators in the wild.

I suppose it's funny for me really, because on that side I've this problem at the moment and on the other, I have the nystagmus.  If someone suddenly appears on the nystagmus side, it can knock me off balance. 

Hmm.  Where can I buy new eyes?  Second thoughts, it's a new brain I need, isn't it, to make sense of all this rubbish information, visual or factual or emotional?

JLR2

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2018, 08:47:38 PM »
Hi Sunny, re the ''dmdif wppg ceskkiw, djeiihgbs, cnbduyf8ed]#ncjd, dmkdnekde''  postings I would have typed in ''djurb bw , fjtty ne, ><#, ?

If nothing else it might confuse the idiot whom posted the original postings.  So far as the door knocker goes I've seen too many stories of such people being more concerned with pulling a con of the folk who's door is being knocked on. Between straight forward conmen and distraction thefts I would just say to anyone like the would be tree surgeon, no thanks and close the door.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 10:02:09 PM »
I check the info they give me, e.g. company registration details.  I see what work they've done for others.  In all seriousness, someone going round the area where you can see other gardens they've done work in can sometimes be better than just a name out of a telephone book.  But I agree that you have to be careful. 

As for the other site, you're right, that would have been the best response.  The trouble is that I was in meltdown.  I looked at another thread today and a penny has dropped over someone knowing how to press buttons.  She's also wound people up nicely in a thread about PIP, saying cuts to disabled people's support are total nonsense, saying her sister is disabled and hasn't lost anything at all and can get all the support and equipment she wants and needs.  I've just seen another thread where she's posted a link to a Youtube video by a far right bloke without saying what it was.

But the Traveller thing does press buttons and some people there know it.  I think some people there think I'm faking the connections because I've also mentioned something of titled and successful people in the family.  Well gosh, people of Traveller heritage couldn't ever go up in the world, could they?  No, they're all litter-strewing, thieving, antisocial undesirables.  Aargh!

I could go into what offline sent my brain into meltdown at the same time, but it's a saga. 

But I feel upset that things are still knocking me out of kilter so much like that.  And then I say to myself "I have bipolar disorder, why should I feel I need to explain and justify it to the world if I have episodes when my brain just can't cope?"