Author Topic: I Like.........  (Read 21186 times)

Prabhakari

I Like.........
« on: February 17, 2012, 10:27:51 PM »
Iced Gems.

I have just got my christmas treat, which I missed through illness, as usual.
After Eights.

I have got The Meaning of Life, but I do not think I will watch it again, just yet!
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

Jockice

• Charter Member
Re: I Like.........
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 06:15:59 AM »
Ruffle Bars. The greatest chocolate treat on earth.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 08:04:18 AM »
Are these the iced gems to which you refer, Prabhakari?

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/biscuits/previous.php3?item=85

They look ..... naughty >biggrin<

I like
Boilie Goat's Cheese
Tayto cheese and onion crisps
And I'm with you on the Ruffle bar, Jockice. They are the confectionary supreme.

Also "Network". I bought the DVD in January. It's a bit bleak, but very good.

Jockice

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 08:26:48 AM »
Pickled onion Monster Munch. And that's from someone who doesn't like real pickled onions.

(And conversely I like real tomatoes (only if they're raw though) but can't stand tomato juice.)

myrtlemaid

• Still fighting...well sometimes !
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 09:12:34 AM »
The plain chocolate Oranges, bacon and cheese crisps , cheese and biscuits
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches

Prabhakari

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 11:34:21 AM »
They are the Iced Gems.
I have not had any for nearly a year.
Time to get some.

I asked for Monster Munch Pickled Onion, but got a substitute from Tescos.
It often happens.
Now I am going to try to get home deliveries from another supermarket, it may be the last time.
There is Sainsbury's and Asda.
I have a strong dislike of Asda after witnessing an elderly member of their staff being openly bullied right inside the entrance. This happened after an American company took it.

I had tried to register with Sains. last year but the registration failed to work.

I find that I do prefer savoury to sweet stuff, though. So going without Iced Gems is not a hardship at all.
If only I had more strength in my jaw muscles. I used to like pickled onions, but they are so tough now, it is hard to cope with them.

I love the lonely places, where no humans are; where no music is heard; where no dogs bark; where no engines roar. I love the wild sea and the lonely beach, the desolate marshes and the tiny twisting country roads. I love silence. I love the very early morn, when all is dark and still. When a dazzling moon sends its light across the fields. The Hunters Moon.
I love the backwaters. Once I was able to cope with a rowing boat, and went with a friend to quiet, lonely backwaters where we were the only humans for miles around; where there are water lilies, coots and other water birds; insects such as dragon flies and midges hovering over the deceptive stillness; where pike lurk, ready to take a poor newly-born duckling on its first swim behind its mother and siblings.
Waters where small fishes glide; roach, perch, bream. Small nine-spined sticklebacks guarding their eggs; willows overhanging the water from grassy banks, under a blue summer sky, inviting in their cool shadows.

Be peace, Prabhakari.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 11:50:58 AM »
I like this but come close to losing the will to live if I cook it myself:-

Gravity

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 11:56:05 AM »
Lovely writing, Prab.

I love iced gems! Marvellous things. I have an iced-gem t-shirt ;)

I also like bourbon biscuits, and houmous. Houmous is brilliant; so garlicky and lemony. Delicious.

And I like John Green, an author who writes beautiful, emotive books. Very sad, but you feel every word he writes. He's also a very intelligent and entertaining man.

I like the sea. The giant, roaring, sea. It makes me feel so small, so insignificant. It makes my pain and my problems disappear, against the crashing of the waves and the power of the water and the biodiversity it contains. I love how it is so unpredictable, despite being under the tight control of very precise rules. I love the evolutionary secrets it contains, the deep sea creatures we cannot recognise, the giants and the aliens.
I like the sea, in many ways and for many reasons.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 12:10:42 PM »
Iankou, what is that pudding? It looks sort of meringuey.. I think I would like it, but then I like most sweet things  >biggrin<

I remember eating Iced Gems as a kid, don't see them around so often now...

Gravity, I too am a big fan of the sea and dream about it quite a bit.  I love even more to go swimming in the sea, but it's seldom warm enough  >erm<

Prabhakari

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 12:16:08 PM »
A beautiful Song for the spirit, and false teeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XWYefe9EzI&feature=related

Prabhakari

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 12:18:57 PM »
I never tired of playing this song on a keyboard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRNTQvXSsfA&feature=related

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 12:25:31 PM »
Iankou, what is that pudding? It looks sort of meringuey.. I think I would like it, but then I like most sweet things  >biggrin<

It is Lankou not Iankou. The dessert is Ile Flottante, (Floating Island,) it sounds simple to make but it is ****ing difficult to get right in practic unless your name is Raymond Blanc.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 12:31:56 PM »
Thanks for clarifying the name - blame the English language where a lower case 'l' looks like a capital 'I'   >erm<

RococoSoul

• Diamond member
  • This is Della
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 12:35:25 PM »
I like swimming and going to the cinema. I can't do those anymore but I recaptured my love of reading and find I can make my own movies in my head. In fact, I'm reading the book 'One Fine Day' at the moment, the film has just been released on DVD. I like reading Cecelia Ahern and Sharon Griffiths too.

I can't go swimming, as I tend to not know my limits in the water and suffer for it, as well as having a useless leg that tends to float like a buoyancy aide. But I go to hydrotherapy sessions.

Raspberry Ruffles - I had a huge carrier bag full at Christmas, but my brother mainly demolished them lol

I love shortbread - MacCallisters. It's yummy.

I love the cheap crisps from Tesco - Onion Rings, Salt & Vinegar Sticks and Cheese Puffs - 12 packs for 58p  >biggrin<

And I loved when I'd go down to the gower and sit people watching, overlooking the beaches, watching the paragliders and relaxing in the coves, taking a dip.
And going to the beer garden on a hot day with a group of friends, with the bands playing and ice cold drinks going down a treat. Those were the days.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 12:55:06 PM »
"...blame the English language where a lower case 'l' looks like a capital 'I'  " 

Not having that! Its not the language at fault but the font. All style over content. Mind you I do think sans serif fonts look cleaner than those with serifs (that's the fiddly bits on the tips of letters for those unfamiliar with type faces.)

Back to the thread.

I like pickled onion Monster Munches talking of which. Prab, have you tried silverskin pickled onions a bit milder and smaller. Still fairly hard but they may be easier to deal with.

Oh, and dark chocolate.

Today I bought some M&S pancakes. Cheating I know but as I don't usually cook pastry or batter from scratch I don't keep the ingredients. Came with a lemon sauce. Haven't tried them yet but I hope they are tasty. Should at least be easy, just microwave.

I too like the sea and the country side and am very lucky living in Dorset not far from either, or even better, some wonderful coast where they both meet.