Author Topic: Faithful friend thread by Darrowsgirl  (Read 295525 times)

SteveX

Re: Faithful friend thread by Darrowsgirl
« Reply #2715 on: January 08, 2018, 07:55:57 PM »
>bighugs<>bighugs<>bighugs<
Member of POMMAS

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2716 on: February 08, 2018, 09:20:45 PM »
I hope you donít mind me joining in.
Glad to hear cats have settled in ok. Itís heart breaking when you have to rehome any pet.
I have 5 dogs 2 cats and a parrot.  The youngest dog 1 the oldest 12. Cats 8 and 4 parrot 17.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2717 on: February 08, 2018, 09:24:04 PM »
I hope you donít mind me joining in.

It's not some kind of exclusive club  ;-)  the more the merrier  >cool<

Wow, you have an impressive houseful of livestock  >biggrin<  Is your parrot talkative?

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2718 on: February 08, 2018, 09:25:49 PM »
Sorry itís wrong way round 😂

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2719 on: February 08, 2018, 09:32:20 PM »
Only thing he does is imitate a phone ringing.
I have 1 german shepherd ( 1 yr) 3 yorkies (12,4,2) Scottish Terrier (10). Maine coon x and my black cat Merlin.
The German Shepherd Cody replaces my other german shepherd Jake who we last last March at the age of 10. He had tumour on the lung and it burst. No one knew he had it as he was healthy and not ill with it. I just couldnít cope without him here for security so my son brought me another one. All my boys and cats get on really well which surprises a lot of people.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2720 on: February 09, 2018, 09:01:32 AM »
Only thing he does is imitate a phone ringing

That could be annoying if you mistake it for the real thing!

Lovely cuddly cats and dogs you have there, especially the Maine Coon.  I understand they're very friendly..

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2721 on: February 09, 2018, 09:09:29 PM »
Parrot is ok. As donít answer home phone anyway. I let answer phone take it. I mainly use mobile.
Main coon is friendly and goes twice a year for haircut she has a lion cut

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2722 on: February 09, 2018, 09:26:59 PM »
I know cats have their claws clipped, but never heard of one having a haircut before  >biggrin<

Used to have an indoor rescue cat called Cindy, but she died last December of illnesses related to old age.  We had eleven good years together once she learned to trust me, though, so thankful for that.  Some time this year will be acquiring another 'rescue', no doubt! 

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2723 on: February 10, 2018, 01:01:04 AM »
Sorry to hear that Kizzy.  My cat has just been through a phase where she came and sat on the desk infront of the keyboard when i was using the computer to have tickles.  She seems to have stopped doing that now.  Very odd.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2724 on: February 10, 2018, 09:43:20 AM »
Cats are funny little souls, aren't they?  Cindy used to stop doing certain things for no apparent reason - unless, perhaps, your puss was spooked by something you don't know about!

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #2725 on: February 12, 2018, 11:42:41 AM »
Probably accidently read some political posts they didn't agree with so they've avoided the computer ever since  ;-)

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2726 on: February 12, 2018, 04:49:10 PM »
 >lol< perhaps auntie was having a sneak peek at 'The Daily Mail Online'  >whistle<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #2727 on: March 25, 2018, 02:27:12 PM »
Having re-homed the cats mid January I texted their new owner this morning to wish the cats a happy 7th birthday and said I hope they're all well. I've just had a text reply saying that Bobo went missing over 5 weeks ago and has not be seen since. She did change their microchip details from me to her when they arrived there but she said that after all this time she's not expecting to see him again. Mimi, Bobo's sister is fine and being allowed more privileges because she might be missing him so now sleeps on the owners bed.

I've decided not to tell the children, my daughter was very angry with me for re-homing them and neither she nor my eldest who doesn't speak to me anyway will be happy and I will definitely get the full blame for this. Besides it's not worth upsetting my daughter when nothing can be done.

>crying< 

SteveX

« Reply #2728 on: May 06, 2018, 06:54:59 PM »
Heres a link to youtube of my mum and her cat 'Tilly' playing a game on her ipad.   haha

Member of POMMAS

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2729 on: May 07, 2018, 06:02:16 PM »
Love that brief look of fond exasperation from your mum  >biggrin<  Are you sure the cat wasn't trying to 'swipe left' (or is it swipe right...)