Author Topic: can I be assigned a job/role please - sorry have been very slack  (Read 2095 times)

Otter

• Charter Member and Volunteer
Life has got in the way, but I am very aware I am yet to do anything and I volunteered so should be doing something to help

doesn't matter what it is, though if possible please avoid need for emotive response or visualise anything

seegee

• Super Hero Member
Re: can I be assigned a job/role please - sorry have been very slack
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:08:39 AM »
Otter, you have been here offering support to anyone who is struggling, answering posts if people are distressed - that's a long way from doing nothing.  :-)
All the people who have signed petitions/ contacted MPs/ put campaign details on other sites/ linked to useful information have been doing things too - there are not many people here who have been doing nothing!  >magicfairy< (except maybe a few who have been too ill to join in or caring for someone else, & that's not a choice >hugs<)
I'm sure one of the mods will ask for help from volunteers sometime soon.   >bighugs<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »
Otter,

I agree with Seegee, you being an active caring member of Ouch Too makes a difference to other people.
Hossy and others have been postin links to surveys and petitions and doing those helps especially when people add their name to the thread and encourage other people to help.

One thing Ouch Too tends to lack is good news stories so if you like Googling and reading through headlines posting some 'good news' stories would be a nice thing to do - but dont feel like you have to do this.

For one reason and another I have not been able to spend enough time on Ouch Too lately, so the fact other people (like you, Seegee and everyone else) keep the 'wheels turning' takes the pressure off me.

>bighugs<

Otter

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 10:16:43 PM »
i will try and find good news stories, I have a feeling though, that they are a lot less frequent than awful ones

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 11:56:36 PM »
But that is only because the newspapers think that bad news makes their tills rattle faster.

Hurtyback

• Moderator 3am board
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 02:48:46 PM »
Otter, I have noticed the valuable contribution that you make to this site, and I thank you for it.

myrtlemaid

• Still fighting...well sometimes !
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 06:07:24 PM »
I agree Otter .. you are an important part of this site.Your contributionss are always informative and your advice thought out and compassionate,

Im really pleased you started a thread for helplinks.. would it be ok if people added other links to it ? Its so useful and comforting  to fins you can look in one place to findlinks when it feels like you have hit or about to hit rock bottom!
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches

Otter

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 01:47:49 AM »
okay, will keep going

understand, yep I am up at strange hours, but working through stuff at moment and this is really helping, so thanks again for the opportunity >biggrin<

though finding wherever it is in the world we are all facing the same (some at extreme) issues

I have decided to leave out anything that readers may find upsetting - say from medical journals that describe process and as Ouch Too has no watershed anything that might be thought of as beyond one

also when have spoons will transulate news not in english, there's a lot of great stuff going on, a real awakening