Author Topic: **** Website Maintenance****  (Read 6403 times)

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: **** Website Maintenance****
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 08:47:52 PM »
We after leaving it for over an hour it appears everything is still working  >biggrin< so I took the site of maintenance mode.

I have changed the hosting to Linux, which reste some pathways, changed settings etc and those took a while to work out and fix.

I am glad I have had the experience of taking Ouch Too down doing some work on it, then bringing it back because I have to say that even though I thought it unlikely it would end up offline for way too long, the idea I might do something wrong quite scared me.

I know it will take about a week of use before we can know if the 'treacle effect' has been fixed, but in the mean time if you find any faults please let me know.

>treehug<

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 08:55:51 PM »
Thanks for all the hard work Sunshine  >tah<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator and Welfare Rights
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 08:59:31 PM »
Yeah, we're back in business  >magic<

The attachment photo on the previous page worked fine - but what is the cat actually doing  >lol<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 09:19:59 PM »
Ditchdwellers

>thumbsup< :-)

Kizzy

but what is the cat actually doing  >lol<

Stretching before he takes to the track,

or

maybe he is getting ready for a Zumba class ?

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator and Welfare Rights
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 09:39:57 PM »
...or perhaps to terrorise a few more people in Essex  >whistle<

myrtlemaid

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Still fighting...well sometimes !
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 09:42:15 PM »
well done ans thanks sunshine.
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches

Hurtyback

• Moderator 3am board
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 05:58:25 PM »
Thanks for all your hard work, Sunshine  >rose<

Dark_Divinity

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 07:17:09 PM »
Given that the site is running slow again today I want to do a quick thread on whether or not people would be okay with me getting on with the task today or if people need me to wait until Monday?

Comments please?

I thought the blockage had been cleared the site has been working like greased lightning for the past few hours.

Would a plunger and a pair of Marigolds be of any use?  >lol<
June 2012 -Hypothyroidism.

Mentally Wobbly.

stalwart

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 07:45:28 PM »
Do the smileys line up now?

Fizzbw

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 07:48:38 PM »
Thanks Sunshine  >bighugs< it's soooooooo much faster now as well!

Fx

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 09:11:15 PM »
Thank you  >bighugs< it gives me a good feeling to know I can make a difference in my own way. It means I feel less trapped especially recently because I have hardly been out and about this summer.

Stalwart,

Sorry I remember something about smileys not lining up but ...... best we both test it,

>footprints< >run< >cartwheel< >bliss< >need a stretcher< >crutches< >flying< >whatarelief<

your turn...

Fizzbw,

I was thinking it was faster but as I have a faster connection I was not sure, tis great to read it is working noticably faster for you too.

DD,

It felt a bit close run a different points yesterday because there was waiting around and then head scratching, but did not need to put the Marigolds on and get the plunger. One good thing about using the SMF software and our management of the members list means we dont get people becoming members to sell their wares or their bodies and so far Kizzy and I have not let any rabid right wing Daily Mail readers in either.  >biggrin<

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 09:16:03 PM »
One good thing about using the SMF software and our management of the members list means we dont get people becoming members to sell their wares or their bodies

I'll sell my body to the highest bidder.  It doesn't work very well and has been round the block a few times, but I'm sure that won't matter if you're not too fussy.  Any takers?   >biggrin<

Becca7

• Charter Member
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2012, 09:47:35 PM »
I want to know how to spot a Rabid Daily Mail reader ;-) and, thanks for the help you gave me.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2012, 10:49:04 PM »
When I saw the title of this thread with the asterisks, I'm afraid my dirty mind assumed the asterisks represented naughty words.  I gather they're just to highlight it, but expletives were closer to what I felt about the site being down.  It has made me realise how dependent I am on this site.

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 02:31:07 PM »
Lol Sunny I should have *** not ****.

It has made me realise how dependent I am on this site.

I was a bit worried about people feeling :-( while the site was down because I was in a better position of knowing what was happening behind the scenes and other people just had to sit and wait. Unfortunately there was no other way to do it.

I think a fair number of people coming to Ouch Too might feel dependant on it and it might feel like a negative thing, but the same people including you need to remember that you all help make the site what it is.

I remember in staff training once about the trainer wanting people to speak up because it was likely if one person had a question that a few others also had the same question and if no one asked then no one would get the answer. It is the same with Ouch Too only it is more people reading than writing posts  >bighugs<