Author Topic: All I did was to sweep a small area of floor  (Read 3591 times)

Prabhakari

All I did was to sweep a small area of floor
« on: November 10, 2012, 07:18:04 PM »
with my angled broom, designed for wheelchair use.
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
Re: All I did was to sweep a small area of floor
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »
What's happened Prab?  Are you ok?

Prabhakari

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 07:28:11 PM »
Pain in left shoulder now. It is partly why I cannot do things for myself.
I am currently using Deep Relief, which actually helps a little.
Tiger Balm is not really that useful.

Life goes on. I even felt slightly like having some food, earlier. Now I cannot cope.

How many of us try to do something very simple, and end up crocked?

sherbs

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 08:11:30 PM »
Oh Prabs

Please be careful, and yes, i over did it a bit today, the sun came out for a bit and decided to sweep the decking as it is getting dangerous where the leaves are falling and slippery and wet, and yes i now feel Ouuuchh!!.

Maybe tomorrow willl be a better day.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 08:43:42 PM »
I bought a new TV unit the the other day it was delivered as a flat pack I got it out of the box and that is as far as I got had to leave it as a pile of bits on the front room floor and go and rest.

The grandson had to assemble it when he returned home from college. Was a time I would have had it put together in short order not any more just getting it out of the box left me totally exhausted for the rest of the day. Really overestimated my ability and spoonage.

Prabhakari please take better care of yourself we worry.

Regards John
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Prabhakari

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 09:03:49 PM »
Please, do not worry about me. We all have got so many problems, we would fall apart if we tried to worry about us all.   >lol<

I know very well what will happen if I try to do anything. I had similar struggle with the new reading lamps.
There is still one in its box, untouched. I got two of them put together, and the thought of one more is just too much.

One of the reasons I write is to encourage others to feel able to talk about their lives. I know all too well how little able friends understand, so it might be soothing for us to be able to write about life as we experience it.

Be peace, one and all.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 05:03:53 AM »
How many of us try to do something very simple, and end up crocked?

Although I'm trying hard to get to grips with the fine art of pacing, adapting, and learning to swallow my pride and ask for help, I still tend to overdo things on a 'good day'. Managed to croggle myself while trying to put some tights into the washing machine last week. Yeowch!

>bighugs< to anyone living with chronic pain.

Prab - I think it's your ongoing lack of appetite that's causing a bit of concern. >hugs<

Prabhakari

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 05:21:52 AM »
I have been really sick. That is why I have not eaten much.
It will pass. Honest injun and even an honest mole that lives in the garden.

Finger is less inflamed, thanks to treatment.

I have a vegetarian lasagne, which I will consume later.
If it was possible I would be a vegan again.
Circumstances force me to eat foods I used to avoid.
That is painful.
As a month has passed since I became sick, I am hoping to get some salad again.
At least that is vegan.
I am going to try to eat baked potatoes. The last time I tried, the food went off.

One really is doing one's best to eat food. it is rather hard if sick.
Will it please everyone if you know that I drink lots of fruit drinks with vitamin C?
Also soya milk, for calcium. It is a nice drink.
Dehydration is constant, so chilled drinks are nice.

My real desire is to have help.

I used to make model buildings. I really miss that. I would love to make a large castle again, with round towers, and twin D-towers for the gate; with a working portcullis and drawbridge, over a moat.

Be peace, Prabhakari.        >bighugs<
(karma, that is all)

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 10:56:06 AM »
Sorry - didn't mean to sound like I was prying or fussing.  It's just that, some years ago, I suffered a particularly vicious dose of 'flu, some symptoms of which lingered on well after I was over the worst . I kept putting the symptoms down to depression, anxiety and post-viral fatigue, but it turned out that I had pneumonia. The experience has made me a little hypervigilant.

And I can identify with the enforced change of diet. The range of food I can eat without sustaining severe urinary tract irritation (bad, bad news for me) is very small, meaning that I've had to shift from vegan to ovo-lacto vegetarian. It is not an easy thing to do, but sometimes we don't have a choice.  :-(

Yvette

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 04:41:35 PM »
I've never found Tiger Balm any use although I've heard it is supposed to be good.

Prabs, is there a Volunteer office or hub near where you live?  There may be someone who would love to help you assemble some models. 

There may be a modelling club near you and someone from there may be happy to come round to see you too.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »
You're done for, Prabs. Someone probably spotted you through the window and now that they have established that you are capable of sweeping one square metre of floor once a week, they will be eagerly phoning the DWP and the Daily Mail to report you as a fraud.   >devil<

Seriously, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it that a bit of sweeping is too much. 

What's stopping you becoming vegan again?  A shortage of vegan ready meals?  I was veggie but never totally vegan because I never stopped eating honey.  I now eat cheese even though I feel horrified by what happens to the cows, ditto eggs, ditto fish.  I feel a hypocrite but at the same time I think it improved my health because I wasn't making a proper effort to combine my foods.

But in my case it was being too unwell mentally that was the problem, whereas I'm guessing in your case it's a matter of sourcing the vegan food in a form in which you can prepare it within your physical limitations.  I'm in no way advocating that you do what I did - far from it.  I'm just expressing sympathy with the choices we face when things make it difficult to stick to what we'd prefer to do.

nearlyperfect

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 06:38:12 PM »
Well, if you will insist on living in the fast lane Prab !    Recklessly sweeping floors now, what will you get up to next?  Hanggliding perhaps?    We need to keep a beady eye on your high jinx

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 07:07:27 PM »
Think of all those poor plants mown down in their prime.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

nearlyperfect

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 07:20:47 PM »
So true, John and (Mick)   

Prabhakari

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 10:37:57 PM »
The models I made were rather special, and can only be done by one person. It requires a good work-surface as well. It needs hands that do not shake; bones that do not hurt; energy that does not vanish in seconds...

My models looked like real buildings. I used to love creating them; The best part was doing the final painting, which took care and patience.

I know of no supplier of vegan foods. Nor even one who could do home deliveries. The nearest one I know of is in a big city, many miles away.