Author Topic: Arghhhhhhhhhh !!!!  (Read 46619 times)

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Arghhhhhhhhhh !!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 03:27:52 PM »
Otter, if that professor thinks "all sorted" means all will be well for ever so you are no longer needed, he obviously hasn't understood the nature of your job in maintaining funds for the department, or perhaps he thinks you are a magician who can set things to remain in place indefinitely while all around is changing - either way, he's the one who hasn't understood; try not to worry too much about his ignorance unless your job also officially involves educating everyone about what you do. >bighugs<

Otter

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 07:02:55 PM »
Fiz and Seegee
thanks for your responses
he has been removed from the decision process today, okay he is still a Professor, but he is not making decisions on funding (the removal wasn't me). It isn't unusual for them to pay a new employees salary on a piece of kit, only for them to work a month and find their 3 year contract isnt there anymore. I have had to walk into staff rooms and say give it back, I don't care if another university has got one, like its an upgrade in playstation. My crime is bringing in an account to stop adhoc funding decisions, basically those which would bankrupt us. I have decided not to care anymore, because if I do care it will be the end of me and unfortunately the end of many other innocent auties

Otter
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:10:48 PM by Otter »

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 03:55:55 AM »
I know where you're coming from Otter, I don't normally deal with budgetting at the Cadet unit I help at, but I have had my share of "characters" that make my job nigh-on impossible.

One of my troubles is that it's a Combined Cadet Force unit, so there's "Army" Officers and "RAF" Officers, I sit in the middle doing the admin for the whole unit, and I have been told off for providing a tick box grid to some cadets for working out the personnel for a complex competition.  I told the officer concerned that I had done it for them, "THAT'S NOT PART OF YOUR YOUR JOB ARE NOT TO DO ADMIN FOR MY SECTION!"

It was only a simple piece of paper, but they blew up!

I do realise that personalities make our lives difficult, and you sometimes wish you could baffle them with language like Sir Humphrey Appleby in "Yes, Minister!"  Fortunately for you, the system has eased a bit. 

I like the fact that it's because you have done your job for the organisation that has caused this!  It was broken and you fixed it!  They should give you a pay rise, not hassle!

>bighugs<
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

Otter

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 07:24:59 PM »
post was self defeatist

i am working with stupid people
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:55:54 PM by Otter »

Otter

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 11:51:43 PM »
phishers I am sure someone loves them, its certainly not me
morals that have not, but messing up blind peoples comms takes the biscuit
needless to say my emails changed >angry<

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 01:46:52 PM »
If I find just one more CFS/ME/fibro site which stigmatises people with mental health issues I will probably have to shoot someone, well I would if I had the energy.  It makes me really angry and it upsets me both on a personal level and on behalf of others who are seeking support with their conditions.

I see so many people expending their already sparse energy (and money) on the endless quest for physical or biochemical explanations and treatments and leaving themselves with no capacity for actually leading any sort of life.  I'm not saying there isn't a physical basis for these conditions, I'm sure there is, but focussing on the purely physical does not help with any long term condition, or with learning to live with and manage it.

I'll spare you a repetition of the points I have raised in previous threads on here, suffice it to say I am not happy.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 02:16:57 PM »
 >hugs<

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 10:54:55 PM »
Another set of postings today on the UK Fibromyalgia forum?  I know I need to respond in a sensible and calm manner but I just want to shout at them all.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 05:35:41 AM »
 >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs<

Sorry for cutting in everyone, but I badly need to get this off my chest. Along with about 500 pints of bright green phlegm and a bucket of iron filings.

Why is it that when you come down with some mingin' infection that resists the first set of antibiotics used against it, everyone around you thinks you're some sort of fekkin' Typhoid Mary?  It doesn't even matter to these plonkers that 'Typhoid Mary' correctly refers to an asymptomatic carrier of an infection. Me arse it does! We know far better!  Lock 'er up an paint a great big fekkin' cross on her door!! Does it  occur to these healthy bastards that there's only a few antibiotics I can be safely given??? And that some of  them don't agree with me that well, and that might be the reason I'm suddenly puking as well as coughing up what remains of my lungs??? Does it ever occur to these thoughtless arseholes that they or one of their precious bloody work colleagues might have given the infection to me, and that perhaps they, not me,  should be locked away in some fekkin' isolation ward???

But they're graduates, I hear you cry! And some of them have master's degrees and doctorates - they couldn't possibly harbour any pathogens! Mank-producing bacteria are carried exclusively by the poor, the scummy and the thick!! Besides - we all know that immune response is directly proportionate to a person's level of eduction!!! So, if someone has come down with a horrible dose of bacterial bronchitis, it must be their own fault for not trying hard enough at school.  >doh<

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, and apologies for the interruption.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 11:19:26 AM »
 >hugs<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 11:59:10 AM »
Thanks, Fiz.  >hugs<

I've just realised how uncharacteristically sweary I was in that last post. If anyone would like me to edit and "bleep" it, no problem.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 12:13:48 PM »
Don't worry NN.  The whole point about this thread is to let people let off steam  >steam<  >hugs<

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2013, 05:24:58 PM »
Hope that infection shifts soon, NN - possibly in the direction of someone who deserves it. >devil<

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 08:46:20 AM »
Thanks DD and seegee. >hugs<

Hurtyback

• Moderator 3am board
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 10:49:19 AM »
Poor NN,  >bighugs< , I don't see any need to 'beep' your post and, as you said yourself, it is far better (for you) to rant on here than to take an axe to someone in real life...