Author Topic: Some very usefull Add-ons for Firefox users.  (Read 2155 times)

Rosie

• Charter Member
Some very usefull Add-ons for Firefox users.
« on: January 13, 2013, 07:50:43 AM »
Textarea Cache - if you lose something while typing it, you can always find it there.

HistoryBlock - if you are using a computer at work and are using a website with personal information, it will not be shown if the website is blocked on that Add-on.

ReminderFox - you can put in times of medication or appointments and it will pop up and remind you.

Loads of others, including AdblockPlus, but the three above are ones that maybe some people do not know about.

Save the world - it's the only planet with chocolate

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Some very usefull Add-ons for Firefox users.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 11:06:13 AM »
Thanks for those, Rosie. >tah<
Anybody got useful add-ons for other systems? 
I'd guess that most Ouchers are using Internet Explorer, though some may be using Chrome, Opera or another... I don't know how many available free browsers there may be.

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 11:20:56 AM »
Thanks for those, Rosie. >tah<
Anybody got useful add-ons for other systems? 
I'd guess that most Ouchers are using Internet Explorer, though some may be using Chrome, Opera or another... I don't know how many available free browsers there may be.

I will not use IE as it is the most vulnerable browser.  I use Chrome for one thing only..

Bubbels2

For me Firefox is the only browser that is, I think, safe - and for which has many Add-ons which help my daily computer use.  No other browser has what I need.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator and Welfare Rights
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 01:57:08 PM »
Ditto, Rosie, I could never get on very well with IE myself..

Textarea Cache - if you lose something while typing it, you can always find it there.

Now that could be very useful for me if it holds what's been deleted by mistake (I don't know how I do it but sometimes I hit a certain button - not 'delete', could even be the enter/return key - and lose an entire post or e-mail.)  How would I access this cache as it's not immediately obvious in the Firefox drop-down menu?

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »
Textarea Cache is a Firefox Add-on - if you are on Firefox click on the orange "Firefox" at the top - then click on Add-ons and the Add-ons Manager should appear in a new tab.

Click on it, click on it, type Textarea Cache at the top right corner where it says "search all add-ons"  - about half a dozen will appear but you want TEXTAREA CACHE - so just download it.

But this only works on Firefox and is one of the Firefox Add-ons that I really desperately need.

Any problems PM me - OK?

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator and Welfare Rights
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 08:45:19 PM »
 >tah< >thumbsup<