Author Topic: The Can't Wait Card  (Read 1953 times)

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
The Can't Wait Card
« on: January 31, 2013, 11:38:44 AM »
http://www.nacc.org.uk/content/members.asp

The Can't Wait Card

The Association gives members a combined membership and ‘Can’t Wait’ Card which is renewable annually. The card carries the message "Please help - our member has a medical condition which is not infectious and means they need to use toilet facilities urgently. Your kindness and cooperation would be much appreciated".

The card is intended to support you in the event that you need to ask to use the staff toilet facilities in a shop, garage etc in an emergency. The card does not guarantee that you will be allowed to use these facilities as companies are not willing to give such a commitment, but it confirms that you have a genuine and urgent need.

NACC encourages companies to allow access to toilets as part of a good 'customer care' policy and from time to time publicises the ‘Can't Wait’ Card scheme to make retailers and staff aware of the need.

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
Re: The Can't Wait Card
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »
I wish I could ask the DWP for the £12 a year memberhip fee to get the card for the wife, but I dont think they'd go for it!  The one problem being that she is a Bowel Cancer sufferer who does not suffer from Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's Disease.

Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: The Can't Wait Card
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:12:36 PM »
I just ask in the shop.  Pubs and cafes have loos, Boots lets you use the staff one, supermarkets have loos.  I rarely get turned down when I ask, so I have never needed a special card.  I do not usually need to tell them why I am desperate, but I think it must be obvious, and then staff take pity on me.