Author Topic: Draft P.I.P Claim forms, Standard letters and other Resources  (Read 10496 times)

AccessOfficer

• Charter Member and Volunteer Building Regs and Inclusive Design
Draft P.I.P Claim forms, Standard letters and other Resources
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:05:42 AM »
I came across this posting on the Rightsnet Discussion Forum web pages yesterday and thought fellow Ouchers would be interested :

Draft versions of the PIP claim forms - 

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pip1-claim-form.pdf

Standard letters -

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pip1-claim-form-additional-information.pdf

Plus there’s a "Check how Personal Independence Payment affects you" tool on gov.uk:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pip1003-how-your-disability-affects-you-form.pdf

Various other resources in a "Toolkit for support organisations":

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/personal-independence-payment-information-booklet.pdf

Best wishes
AO

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Draft P.I.P Claim forms, Standard letters and other Resources
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 09:58:03 AM »
So there will be two separate PIP forms to complete, looking at the very first link (that's the 'preliminary') and the third link appears to be the 'main' form.  Nice to see things simplified  >whistle<

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 08:36:09 PM »
The one missing form from those four is - the new APPEAL form!
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »
I am moving this to the Welfare Rights section because the links are a good resource.
 >thumbsup<

Monic1511

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 08:29:39 PM »
SunshineMeadows - thanks the links are great

A Turtle - they are changing the appeal process  >steam< we can't lodge an appeal until a reconsideration has been completed

AccessOfficer - the links you post are great - please keep it up

Monic

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 03:22:16 PM »
Sorry, my comment about the appeal form was meant in humour, so we can lodge the appeal at the same time we send in the application.   >blushing<
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

1BillionHex

• Silver Member
  • Bob Noble (aka PiOfCube)
    • 1BillionHex
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 06:29:04 PM »
Q2b in the claim form specifically asks about side effects of the medications.

I would be very careful about that one as side effects of medications could be discounted and if they present similarly to your main condition will it be all treat the same?

From previous notes and regulations: "C10/00-01(IB)* (15/01) states that the side effects of medication do not constitute mental disablement. There must be some underlying mental impairment."

The other thing is on page 33:
You're likely to be contacted soon to arrange a face to face consultation with a health professional. You'll be able to take someone with you to this. If we've enough information already, a consultation may not be needed.

It starts off with "You're likely" but then contradicts itself with "a consultation may not be needed". How can it go from "likely" to "may not" between three connected sentences?  :-(

There's lots of sources saying everyone will be required to attend a consultation and some saying that's not the case...  >doh<

I can imagine that the easier to complete form will give the decision makers a quick way to count the tick-boxes and decide on that basis and rely on people not appealing.

After three tribunals in the past and each one being decided in my favour unanimously, I don't think that I could endure that again (one of them taking over a year to get to tribunal)... Though, now, that's no longer an issue for me.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 07:04:24 PM »
More useful resources posted by AccessOfficer initially on the Talk board, have copied the post here for future reference - this concerns 'clerical'(paper) PIP forms for those who cannot complete telephone applications:
___

The publication linked to below is aimed at support organisations who work with disabled people, and is provided as an example only.

It provides additional information on how to complete the Personal Independent Payment (PIP) clerical/Paper claim form, which should be used by claimants in cases where they are unable to use the telephone.

Making a claim for PIP - example PIP1 form:

Claims to Personal Independence Payment are started over the phone by calling the PIP new claims number - 0800 917 2222 (or text phone 0800 917 7777).

Once the claim has been registered, DWP will send the claimant a PIP2 ‘How your disability affects you’ form for completion. You can find out more about the claim process and how it works in the toolkit.

In exceptional circumstances, where claimant is unable to deal with DWP by phone, or needs extra help, they can request a paper version of the initial claim form (PIP1).

This captures the same basic information that DWP take over the phone. The forms will be personalised to the individual who requested them, and should not be copied or used for other claimants.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/236148/pip1-claim-form.pdf

Additional information to accompany the Personal Independent Payment (PIP) clerical form for applicants who are not able to use the telephone.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/236155/pip1-claim-form-additional-information.pdf

Best wishes
AO
 ___

Monic1511

I was going to create a new post about PIP but have't prepared new material.
Rught now I am just using the CAB advice guide which has the points and descriptors on this link

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/scotland/benefits_s/benefits_sick_or_disabled_people_and_carers_s/benefits_personal_independence_payment_e/benefits_the_pip_assessment_e/pip_activities_descriptors_and_points.htm

When I have more coherant notes and guidance I will add this but right now (March 2014) PIP is fairly new and subject to extensive delays due to the medical process.

Monic

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 10:15:12 PM »
Monic,

Very good link thank you  >thumbsup< :-)

Add more when you can  >hugs<