Author Topic: 10 pints? Amateur  (Read 2498 times)

SirCumference

• Charter Member
  • On the other side

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: 10 pints? Amateur
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 01:07:16 AM »

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 10:27:06 AM »
'Both sets of doors are all with clear glass panels so guests can see the steps the other side of the outer doors.

what even if you are sat in a wheel chair where your angle of view is totally different I wonder?
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Yvette

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 10:54:49 AM »
what even if you are sat in a wheel chair where your angle of view is totally different I wonder?

As a wheelchair user, my angle of view is very different.  But you get used to checking what is on the other side of a door.

In a little shopping centre I sometimes use, at the exit there are a set of steps and a ramp separated by just a railing.  There are no signs but as a wheelchair user I make sure I always go to the right instead of the left where the steps are.

The articles say the man who died frequented the hotel and was aware of where the ramp exit was, so it must have been the alcohol.

Yes, perhaps there should have been a sign pointing to the ramp - apparently they have been put up since - but would he have taken any notice, as he already knew the lay out of the hotel?

SteveX

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 12:32:29 PM »
10 pints in one go?  my god..  thats a bit stupid.

Member of POMMAS

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 04:19:18 PM »
Indeed, Steve - but not an uncommon occurrence in any British town centre on a Friday or Saturday night these days  >erm<

All the same, a damn sad thing for a man to lose his life that way.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 03:03:01 PM »
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

What a bloody bombastic Hotel manager he sounds like Adolf Hitler (invading Poland) useing the excuse I was only following order's/recomendation's in other word's he was to worried about building work eating in to his profit margin's + separating the stair's + the ramp (he should be prosicuted for not looking after his valued employ's)

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »
I do find it shocking that a person would go into a pub and get drunk what strange behavior.

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 09:39:50 PM »
I do find it shocking that a person would go into a pub and get drunk what strange behavior.
>lol<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 08:33:49 AM »
The said thing is that if the man had not drunk 10 pints before the accident the story would not have made it into a national newspaper like the Daily Mail.

The glass panels in the doors is mentioned on the first link not the second. If it was dark in the corridor or outside the glass panels would have been more like mirrors than windows. Also a lot of older buildings have stairs that start immediately wear the door opens with no 'landing' area.

Yvette

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 07:13:06 AM »
That is why, as a wheelchair user, I make sure that I keep myself as safe as possible - because there are hazards everywhere.

It just isn't possible to rebuild the entire country.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 10:55:40 AM »
'In any normal fall, one might suffer slight injuries as there were only six steps.

That is a matter of opinion a "Normal person" that is one not in a wheel chair or using crutches or just not plain pissed out of his mind,  may not in fact of come to grief on leaving by that exit or may of only sustained light injuries but I know someone who fractured their skull stepping of a curb so a flight of steps could do significant damage to any one.

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 12:15:20 PM »
I have to admit when I saw "10 Pints? Amateur" as the title of this thread, I didn't think alcohol, instead I thought blood. 

I was going to complain that I got stopped donating on my 10th unit of blood.  The Blood Transfusion Service deciding that I had had a transfusion 2 months before a cut-off date!

My Dad was on 52 units when he emigrated to Spain.

So on some grounds, 10 pints of blood might make me an amateur!

As far as alcohol goes, I'd be in that state after 10 millilitres of alcohol, it doesn't like me any more!  When I was young, a 10 pint night was a short one!
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 02:49:25 PM »
Yes must admit there was a time when ten pints was a normal night out .

As to blood donation I'm not allowed to, they won't take your blood if you have an Autoimmune Disease or so I'm told.

james-1989

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 07:00:12 PM »
Can you get done for drunk driving a wheelchair? Not that I would be over the limit, one drink is enough for me  >whistle<