Author Topic: Petition: Tell the Daily Mail to end unwarranted attacks  (Read 1610 times)

Minniehaha

Petition: Tell the Daily Mail to end unwarranted attacks
« on: October 30, 2013, 06:27:56 PM »
The Daily Mail and its sister the Mail on Sunday have a long history of attacking vulnerable groups who canít fight back - asylum seekers, single working mothers, ethnic minorities, the disabled and the poor. 

The tabloid constantly runs stories that seem to have the sole aim of making its readership see these groups not as people in need, but as vermin. It has been getting away with this habit of demonising the already struggling because they donít have the resources to fight back.

This month, the Mail got into trouble because of a rather ridiculous attack on Ed Milibandís father, but presumably leading politicians expect and can cope with unwarranted slurs on deceased family members. The groups the Mail usually attacks are not in this position.

The nastiness of this propaganda is insidious, and the constant repetition probably does achieve the ultimate aim of all propaganda Ė to make people believe it.

Tell the Mail to end the continual unwarranted attacks on people who already have more than enough problems.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/900/069/853/tell-the-daily-mail-to-end-unwarranted-attacks/
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:29:27 PM by Minniehaha »

starsmurf

Re: Petition: Tell the Daily Mail to end unwarranted attacks
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 05:28:29 PM »
signed >thumbsup<

However, I think Paul Dacre will just ignore and then accuse those who signed of "hating Britain" and of wanting to end the freedom of the press. >steam<
Look carefully at the avatar, note what's barely visible in the gap in the rings.  I've highlighted it for you.

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »
If the readers of the Daily Mail that believe the rubbish that they print were to do a little of the research that Dacre's reporters should do, but don't they would realise that the sins of the minority are being used against the majority.  Oh hang on, let me put that in words Mail readers would understand.

The sins of the few are used against the many.  (They need words of two syllables or less poor things.)
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 12:11:30 PM »
Signed >thumbsup<

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 03:48:26 PM »