Author Topic: News of members and former members: by Deb (Devine 63)  (Read 18776 times)

Jockice

• Charter Member
Re: News of members and former members: by Deb (Devine 63)
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2014, 04:52:11 AM »
Depends on what you define as 'useful' though. As far as I'm aware I'm under no obligation to read/like/form an opinion on anyone's Facebook ramblings, or indeed ramblings anywhere. Some things are entertaining or informative without necessarily being useful. And then again, some things aren't....

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2014, 11:09:23 PM »
Have not seen any posts by Prabhakari lately hope he is OK.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2014, 04:50:32 PM »
Sunny Clouds

I've been a bit concerned about Sunny Clouds.  However she assures me that she is OK but she has had a lot going on in her life.  She has decided to have a short break whilst she sorts a few things out.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2014, 07:54:27 PM »
Thank you auntie, I have shared your concerns. I would asl people to remember that SC has previously told us that becoming angry and combative can be a sign that her mental health is slipping. I hope she will be OK.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2014, 08:17:43 PM »
Thanks Auntie. I also found her sudden departure worrying.

I would asl people to remember that SC has previously told us that becoming angry and combative can be a sign that her mental health is slipping.

Exactly. As said on another thread, I hope that Sunny will be feeling better soon.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2014, 08:48:10 PM »
I tend to forget sometimes and can be somewhat less understanding than maybe I should.  >blush<
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2014, 09:56:29 PM »
Please do not worry everyone, her departure is not anything to do with you.  She has been having a stressful home life all round and noticed that she was not behaving as normal.  So she decided to have a break incase anyone here were to trigger her inadvertently.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2014, 04:01:02 PM »
Thank you auntie. Sunny has had a lot to deal with for a long time, it's no wonder that they have taken their toll. I wish her good health and happiness.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2014, 01:38:53 AM »
I'm back.  I'm not feeling very well, though.  I'll try and stay away from threads where I feel irritable.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Sunshine

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2014, 09:37:45 AM »
Good to see you back. I hope things improve for you soon  >hugs<

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2014, 06:13:40 PM »
I'm very glad to see you back Sunny, although I'm sorry that you are still unwell  >hugs<

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2014, 08:06:50 PM »
Glad to see you here Sunny Clouds & hope your health improves more asap. >bighugs< >chocolate<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2014, 10:15:58 PM »
Hello-o-o-o Sunny.

Come and have a cuddle with Alice the cat.  That should cheer you up good and proper!  >cat<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2014, 05:30:52 PM »
Aww, a furry cuddle.  Thank you.

I'm feeling very irritable at the moment.  Several times recently people have said things that have got under my skin and instead of just thinking 'prat' (or something less polite) and moving on, I've responded.

I feel impatient and intolerant.  I think a lot of issues I'd buried are surfacing, like what I perceive as generally (not entirely) rather a wide gap between mental illness/health communities and predominantly physically-impaired disability communities.

Part of me is irritated with both.  I want to set out the social model of disability in block capitals across sundry mental illness-focussed sites, and to scream in block capitals on (mainly physically-focussed) disability sites that in case they hadn't noticed, people with mental illnesses and impairments get shat on from all sides in terms of people's perceptions of how they behave or are likely to behave.

So there you go, I'm hacked off with the world and feel like saying to people "go shove it, I don't want to be associated with your attitudes".

I've a more than sneaking suspicion that when I'm like this, that's just how people feel about me...

So bear with me as I try to stay calm.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2014, 05:57:12 PM »
Wotcha Sunny, what you talk about above isn't alien to me, as a fellow mad person...I remember similar sentiments from others too that were posted on the old Ouch board over the years.  There might even be a good 'Talk' thread in the mix for when/if you feel up to it!  In the meantime, good that you feel comfortable enough here on OuchToo to be honest about what you're thinking and feeling  >thumbsup<