Author Topic: At The Very Rim  (Read 2738 times)

On the edge

• Gold Member
At The Very Rim
« on: August 06, 2014, 08:40:16 PM »
You've read the deaf rest, boring right ? social media bores, medical, charity, 10 things we should, should not, never will do,  yadda yadda, won't find that here.... read the boring BBC disability 'OUCH'  blogs if you want that, they blew my participation when they dumped us in favour of the wanabee journalists...  Try ATR http://attherimmm.blogspot.co.uk/  582,000 audience and counting... I produce reports too....

MM
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:46:11 PM by On the edge »

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: At The Very Rim
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 03:59:54 PM »
MM,

When you posted this I did look at your blog but then forgot to post a reply  >doh<

Looking at it again I do have a problem working out which articles you have written yourself as opposed to which you have seen elsewhere then added them to the blog. It does remind me a bit of the way Disability News looked before David Pring expanded his idea to a website format.

On the edge

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 04:09:43 PM »
My blog is about 7 years old, mainly it covers world deaf news items, USA/UK items (As I am a member of an USA aggregate I need to be up to date there), and personal blogs from time to time.  I  'left' the UK area 7 years ago i.e. the deaf area and because the BBC were silly as well.  I didn't consider that it was worth my time getting involved in the UK deaf area, they were became very hostile at one point.  Disabled had already lost patience with them.  I was with rights now ! and others at the time.   Deaf had gone on a pilgrimage to deaf mecca or something with Paddy Ladd and his band of merry deafies. At this time I am 're-establishing' my UK presence, because it seems I did too good a job with my American blogs and UK people started complimenting me on my UK knowledge as an American lol.  Really I do my own thing, as the titles is self-descriptive at the rim or at the very edge etc, I didn't think further explanation was needed.  Obviously I don't see any point in charities myself.  My twitter/facebook feed is now online, but unless you are interested I won't offer links unless you ask.  It is easy to see which blogs are from me direct they are tagged 'comment'  I also am area rep for DARG a deaf research group, and have a welsh language dual language blog as well.  Currently my output is above that of many established UK blogs and some dot.coms

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 04:16:37 PM »
Tah  >thumbsup<

Having Menieres Disease means that I can find it hard to read pages of information packed into one area so my difficult reading your blog is to do with my lack of ability and not the design itself as such.

>dove<

On the edge

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 08:04:34 PM »
Maybe this personal blog might be of interest ?  http://attherimmm.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/all-about-mary.html

Mervyn James

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 10:33:01 AM »
Not posted here in a while, but for those who think blogs are dead, mine just exceeded a 1,000,000,Google+ 1.25M.  It's weird  I am more widely read in the USA than here, but I suppose the UK isn't ready for me yet lol  Now having attained a million where to go ?

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 11:33:03 AM »
Well done on the million is it visits? How did you encourage so many people to read your blog?
 :-)

Mervyn James

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 07:39:10 PM »
No idea lol as I don't really promote it as such.  Because I use BLOGGER it hardly gets picked up at all, I suppose if I changed it to a website I could double the viewing base, but I have enough to do now.  I've always run it for my benefit no-one else really, and surprised so many took interest, especially as I am anti-charity and don't use social medias much either.  I think the turning point came when I started to challenge deaf cultural approaches, instead of just reporting them.  It seems many HI out there are getting fed up of being sidelined.. and I am very inclusion minded in approach and not afraid to criticise or oppose others who fail to include, no matter what area they belong to.   I'm getting 2,000 a day lately, cripes (Maybe they are all bots or something,best to keep feet on the ground!),