Author Topic: Ouch Too Fact Sheets info check  (Read 3325 times)

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Ouch Too Fact Sheets info check
« on: December 07, 2014, 02:07:14 PM »
This is just a thread for me to check bits of information that I can't find readily as I write the fact sheet.

What address are ESA 50 forms sent to, is it the claimants local JobCentre plus?

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: Ouch Too Fact Sheets info check
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 03:24:19 PM »
No it's a national mail centre. According to the jcp man I spoke to last week at a local jcp, they no longer write the address to send things to on the forms themselves because they frequently change which mail centre each section/department uses. I was given an envelope to a Wembley mail centre but until recently the form I was handing in went to Newcastle. Usually forms go out with the current correct addressed pre paid envelopes but I frequently hear the pre paid envelopes are to incorrect mail centres as they enclose the wrong ones.

That's probably not very helpful sorry.

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 04:55:41 PM »
Fiz,
Good info >tah<  it means I will add the 0800 number and suggest people check for themselves if they were not sent a prepaid envelope  >bighugs<

Slipmaster,

I will add a suggestionot about using Google search too  >thumbsup<

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 04:58:25 PM »
Hi Sunshine

All the DWP mail is sent to Wolverhampton Mail Handling Site A or B, Wolverhampton, WV99 1AB, the last part of the postcode changes and I normally write the team I am sending it to Clydebank/Kilmarnock ESA Reconsideration team,

Now I just noticed you asked about ESA50's  well in my area they are sent to the local ATOS Centre, and its a white envelope they are returned in not the usual brown one.

The process is that the mail goes to the mail handling site, is opened and then scanned or sent to the local claims handling site - which is not normally your local jobcentre  >doh<
Anything to make it complex >confused<
Monic

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 09:39:39 PM »
Thank you Monic  >thumbsup<

I could not properly open the Wolverhampton link earlier because I was using my tablet, here is a copy for others who can't see it.

New DWP postal addresses

DWP is modernising how it receives and processes post by gradually transforming the department’s paper led system to a modern, digital solution. This transformation has resulted in changes to office postal addresses and new details are provided to ensure that any correspondence is correctly addressed. Background to the new solution From August 2013, a single modernised service for post opening, scanning andindexing, known as the Agility Platform (which is part of the Department’s Infrastructure Modernisation Programme), is providing the capacity to scan andindex post on receipt. Processing staff are then notified when a scanned image is available for action.

The new scanning service provides a whole new way of working and brings efficiencies to the Department, as well as customers, for example:

• documents are traced and processed more quickly
• certificates, wage slips and other valuable documents will be returned to the
customer on the day they are received
• scanned images cannot be altered, ensuring that documents cannot be
tampered with, or information lost.

Universal Credit, Personal Independence Payment and the Pension Service, amongst others, are already benefiting from the new service and other DWP
business areas will transfer. In order to provide this service, 29 Mail Opening Units (MOUs) are now streamlined into two new ones in Kidderminster and Telford. Post for most DWP offices is now managed withinthe two units.

In addition to the scanning and indexing facility, the new mail units are also providing a hard copy post opening and distribution service for the vast majority of DWP’s business areas, some of which will also transfer to the scanning process. Selecting the correct correspondence address for offices using the new service Annex A lists the offices which have migrated to the new way of working. These offices are already using the new mail opening units which have a Wolverhampton postal address, so please address any post to the office’s new MOU address to avoid any unnecessary delays.

March 2014 There is also a new address for the Independent Case Examiner:
PO Box 209
Bootle
L20 7WA.
Selecting the correct correspondence address – unaffected Offices There will be no postal changes for offices that are not shown on the “New Postal
Address List”, so please continue to use their current address. Postal Diversions and Business Reply Envelopes (BREs)
All external partners, including Local Authorities, should ensure that they are using the new BREs. These can be obtained via the business as usual route way.

It goes on to list old and corresponding new addresses. I have not added a copy of this list because it is probably better to ring Jobcentre Plus on 0800 055 6688 (textphone 0800 023 4888)and ask for a prepaid envelope if you did not already get one,

Update https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/employment-and-support-allowance-claim-form this page was updated after the new address information was posted ie Jan 2014 and it says

Where to send your form
Take or send the completed form to your Jobcentre Plus office.

>confusedgif<