Author Topic: The dreaded DLA to PIP transfer  (Read 10318 times)

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: The dreaded DLA to PIP transfer
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 04:20:20 PM »
Well done for getting the form completed. I hope that this evening and tomorrow are restful for you.  >star< >hugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 06:52:10 AM »
It's posted. I worried all day yesterday whether I'd answered each question as fully as I could have but am trying now to put it out of my mind as worrying won't help me. How long will it be before I hear anything from them now? I had a text from them a couple of days back saying that they haven't yet received my form and if it doesn't arrive on time my DLA will stop immediately. I assume that text is sent out to everyone regardless of whether or not they've asked for the required extension. My original return date was June 10th and mine should meet that anyway.

Also how long does a symptom have to have affected you before you can claim for that? I'm thinking it's something like 3 months? Or is it 6? I've had extreme fatigue to the extend it's difficult to get out of bed, negotiate stairs and I go days without food due to fatigue preventing me from preparing in but I didn't mention this because this only seems to have been bad the last 3-4 weeks and I didn't think that length of time met their criteria.

Thanks.

Noisyworld

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 10:59:55 PM »
That is a very good question Fiz, I have no idea. Hopefully someone else knows more about this than me (or you could ask on B&W).
I suppose it depends on whether the fatigue part of your existing condition?

I know the feeling so I really hope you feel a little more with it soon >hugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 01:04:10 AM »
My GP thinks it's malnutrition due to my bulimia, which as a condition was diagnosed January 2015 though I've only had this extreme fatigue a few weeks.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 12:35:52 PM »
Also how long does a symptom have to have affected you before you can claim for that? I'm thinking it's something like 3 months? Or is it 6?

The GOV.uk site points to the Equality Act definition of 'substantial and long term', ie. lasting for more than 12 months.

https://www.gov.uk/pip/eligibility

https://www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010

My GP thinks it's malnutrition due to my bulimia, which as a condition was diagnosed January 2015 though I've only had this extreme fatigue a few weeks.

>hugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2016, 07:50:56 AM »
I got a text yesterday saying they'd received my form and that they'd let me know if I need to have a face to face. I'm hoping not as I will find that so hard. Am I right in thinking almost all PIP applicants have to have a face to face though?

I like the text updates, I just hope they don't phone me!

I think my ESA is up for renewal shortly too.

Monic1511

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2016, 08:40:36 AM »
If there is enough evidence to make a decision then they won't call you for a medical but you need to read the decision as sometimes it's a lower award because there was no medical.  Good luck

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2016, 09:33:13 AM »
Yesterday while looking in my barely used handbag for my PDSA agreement (poorly cat) I came across he forms from when I was inpatient. It states how high risk I am and remain high risk on discharge and am not suitable for discharge from services. It says little else that the other paperwork I've already sent it says. Is this important enough for me to send in at this late date? To be honest everyone is certain I should be awarded enhanced care so I don't think this will make any difference.

There is divided opinion about whether I will be awarded standard mobility due to my PTSD and anxiety. Professionals think I should get it but the DWP may think not, and I have to consider if it is worth appealing if they say not to that. I barely go out now. I no longer go to CMHT, they come to me.

I'm thinking these papers aren't really needed for the application already in progress?

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator and Welfare Rights
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2016, 09:37:45 AM »
Fiz, if you've already sent written evidence that practically mirrors the above, I wouldn't bother for the time being - especially with the DWP's tendency to lose odd pieces of mail  ;-)

Sorry I hadn't got to this thread before - wanted to wish you every bit of luck for the right decision  >x-fingers<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2016, 09:41:13 AM »
Thank you. It's horrid waiting, and my ESA is due for review straight after as it's been 3 years this summer since my last review and I think I'm right in believing that 3 years is the longest ESA award given so that'll be next.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2016, 10:40:04 AM »
 >hugs< >x-fingers<

Monic1511

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 05:33:58 PM »
Fiz
ESA will probably use the PIP decision to make a decision on the ESA especially if its enhanced daily living and enhance mobility
best wishes
Monic

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2016, 08:39:28 AM »
With the mobility we think I qualify for standard mobility, the DWP may disagree but I've not had my current more severe mobility problems long enough for the enhanced rate to be considered. So it will be whether to appeal a no mobility DWP decision choice if that happens.

What's the usual average length of time for them to make a decision or write about a face to face?

Monic1511

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2016, 06:31:17 PM »
What's the usual average length of time for them to make a decision or write about a face to face?

It can depend on how quickly atos/capita take in your area but 13 + weeks is the norm
sorry
Monic

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 07:01:30 AM »
That is useful to know Monic, thank you. That is at least before my DLA award end date of September this year but I would hope that the DLA would continue beyond that if there was any delay not caused by me.

>tah<