Author Topic: The dreaded DLA to PIP transfer  (Read 16817 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: The dreaded DLA to PIP transfer
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2017, 05:26:12 PM »
Option to ask for extra time?  Sasha, I love you!  You've given me hope!   >hugs<

SashaQ

• Charter Member
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2017, 06:02:18 PM »
 >hugs<

I'm so glad we have this thread so we all know we're not alone with this >thumbsup<

Monic1511

« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2017, 07:00:29 PM »
Hi
when you get the PIP2 there will a date on the first page, wait until the day before the date and phone them and say I haven't completed the form yet and can I have an extension,  if it takes you another 10 days to post the form phone again on the day you post it and ask the person (make sure you get their name) to note on the system that you have posted the form first class (need to put a stamp on it)  and ask them if they know how long it takes to process in their system.   Normally if I'm polite, patient, sympathetic the worker tells me more than they should but I wont drop them in it cos its not fair how the staff are treated either.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2017, 10:25:01 PM »
Thanks.  That's reassuring.

Mind you, since I posted, it occurred to me I can also play the bereavement card.  It works with a lot of official bodies.  (Lost someone very close to me recently and the coroner only released the death cert a few days ago.)  (No need to do the hugs for the grieving woman bit here - I'm genuinely grieving, but it's hugs for the PIP-terrified woman I keep coming back for.  Thank heavens I'm not alone dealing with this.)

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2017, 01:24:08 AM »
 >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs<

These hugs are interchangable, and can be used for either bereavement or PIP-terror.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2017, 01:42:51 AM »
Multipurpose hugs?  Perfect!

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2017, 05:00:14 PM »
Option to ask for extra time?  Sasha, I love you!  You've given me hope!   >hugs<

*cough* I told you that in post 130  ;-)

Never mind, have another  >hugs< for the collection anyway ..

neurochick

• Diamond member
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2017, 06:48:03 PM »
Ahem, I mentioned it too!! I asked for more time and they just gave me 2 weeks without any bother and they didn't ask why I wanted it.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2017, 12:37:55 AM »
Oops, guess who's not taking on board what's being said?  I just looked at post 130.  I'd completely misread it and thought it meant extra time to get the DoB stuff in.  And I thought Neurochick got extra time because it was two forms at once.  Sorry.

I was going to make a pathetic excuse like 'my  brain's not in gear', but when was it ever in gear?

>blush<
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:40:31 AM by Sunny Clouds »

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #144 on: June 12, 2017, 08:56:13 AM »
The wretched PIP process is enough to scramble anyone's brains even if they started out as reasonably 'in gear'  >doh<

From memory, the DWP can allow you 2 (or possibly 3?) weeks' extension on a telephone request, but any more than that and it has to go (like mine did) to a 'case management' person.  Or some title like that...  Anyway, I was granted an extra 4 weeks in the end!

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #145 on: June 12, 2017, 01:42:32 PM »
Thanks to you folk, I phoned the DWP to 'prime them' with the 'I'm terribly anxious because I'm bereaved and everything and I've got manic depression and...' thing, which will show up on  their computer when I next call.

They say they won't actually count the days until they send out the PIP2 in response to the evidence of DoB they asked for, and they haven't issued it yet, but the evidence has been received in the system somewhere and it'll take days before they issue the PIP2.

So now I know I've got over a month from today plus you lovely Ouchers have reassured me I can get more time if I need it.

>thumbsup< >chocolate<

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2017, 07:56:23 AM »
 >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs<

Mr Sunshine had his face to face assessment yesterday. it went okay but because of what I have read online and knowing that the Government is wanting to save money I am worried about the outcome. One good thing was that although Mr Sunshine has mental health issues and would have been okay going to an assessment because I mentioned needing a wheelchair accessible location the assessment was at home. The lady was pleasant enough and did seem to be listening and typing what we said into her laptop. It was not as stressful as I thought it might be and so as a extra thing I have a better idea of what to expect when my PIP assessment comes around.

One slightly curious thing was she would not accept any of the extra paperwork i had put together and said it has to be sent to the DWP When I as could she note there was more information coming on her paperwork she said yes but I dont know whether she meant yes it is technically possible or yes she would do it. My assumption would be that there are timescale targets and waiting for more information slows things down. Mr Sunshine has a job and I realised we probably need to show some evidence of his sickness recorded so they decision maker can see Bipolar causes lost work weeks and months.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2017, 08:06:30 AM »
Sunny, Sunshine and Mr Sunshine >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2017, 07:41:39 PM »
Can I ask a quick question. If someone rarely or never leaves their house due to anxiety (even into the back garden) would/should they be eligible for any element of PIP mobility or is it all down to physical ability now?

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2017, 08:59:20 PM »
The relevant criteria for points, which you can add to points for physical mobility problems, are:

"b. Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 4 points."

"e. Cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant. 10 points."

Benefits and Work said on 27/2/17:

"The effect will be that people who are too anxious to ever undertake journeys unless they have someone with them, for example because they have panic attacks or similar, will be unlikely to be awarded more than 4 points by the DWP. This means they will not be able to get an award of the mobility component on the basis of this activity alone.
Even claimants who are too anxious to ever go on journeys, even if they have someone with them, will only score 10 points and thus not be eligible for the enhanced rate of the mobility component on the basis of this activity alone."