Author Topic: DWP Letter  (Read 741 times)

james-1989

• Gold Member
DWP Letter
« on: August 01, 2016, 02:05:15 PM »
I got a letter for the DWP with an appointment to discuss any changes. It doesn't say if its about DLA or ESA. I've not been reassessed before. What does that usually mean?

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
Re: DWP Letter
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 02:48:34 PM »
Hi, where is your appointment? If it's a job centre then it's likely to be a chat with a disability advisor who will talk you through what they expect if your on ESA work related activity.  Sorry it's too hard to guess  >dove<
Monic

james-1989

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 02:54:39 PM »
It's at a Job Centre Plus. I'm in the support group. I thought it might've been about changing to Pip/UC but I'm assuming it would say if it was.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 03:27:18 PM »
Hi James

I'm aware of some people in my area in support group who are invited to job centres to see if there are any jobs training etc they think they can do, it sounds like they want to sound you out for something along the lines of permitted work - upto 15 hours work or earning 115.20 a week without it affecting your esa >erm<  That's the official link but I'm suspicious cos if you do permitted work I think your one step away from JSA

JLR2

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 10:05:16 PM »
I would think they'd see it as anyone turning up had suggested in doing so that they thought themselves ready to look at returning to work or at least looking for it.