Author Topic: How do I know  (Read 2550 times)

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
Re: How do I know
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 12:17:38 PM »
Sorry Rosie, I forgot you don't live in the UK with us.

Living in the Holy Land might be a different system.
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 12:54:48 PM »
(Explanation of types of dementia and examples of conditions that can mimic it deleted because I mistook Rosie's reaction for meaning I shouldn't have posted it.   Sunny's been a twerp again, scroll on by...)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:47:41 AM by Sunny Clouds »

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 09:07:11 PM »
Sunny I do not think I have dementia although I do forget too much.  For the second day in a row I do not remember eating but there are a couple of small bowls and some spoons in the sink so I must have eaten.   

But I am falling to much - I mean who gets thrown out of relaxed recliner chair when closing it?  And I could not get up.  My heavy electric chair was maybe 2 metre away from where I landed but I did not have the strength to crawl to it and when I did my arms could not pull me  up onto it.  I fell twice today but I do not remember the first one and a few days ago I crashed down twice which left me with a nasty ankle, elbow and shoulder but they are sort of easing off.

Something is wrong and my GP does not even look at me let alone listen.
Save the world - it's the only planet with chocolate

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 09:13:51 PM »
Those symptoms sound really distressing Rosie. >hugs<

What type of medication have you been prescribed? Some of the meds I take cause problems with memory, concentration and balance. Is it possible anything you are taking might have similar side-effects?

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 09:53:16 PM »
Not my meds NN - I take a low dose morning and night of Enalopril which the previous GP had said needed to be doubled but nothing was ever done, hence my sky high BP, ditto low dose BID of Omeprazole.  In the morning I take an histamine [in the hope it will ward off angioedemic attacks] plus Disothiazide for my BP which I am NOT happy about as they took me off Furosemide [Fusid] as they said that was what had caused pancreatitis and the stomach ulcers.  So they said.

Oh, and I am also prescribed Calcium+Vitamin D BID for osteoporosis because they, in their wisdom hahahaha, decided that HRT was no longer to be prescribed. 

No, it is definitely not my meds.  The change from Fusid to Disothiazide  was about six years ago and the HRT was dropped even before then.  The others I have been on for decades

I do not smoke [gave up years ago].  Do not drink.  But I know that something is not right.

And my bluddy GP will not listen.

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2016, 07:42:12 AM »
(Comment deleted because it was supposed to be of interest to several on the thread but it appears to have upset Rosie, so I've deleted in case anyone else took it amiss.)

You did not upset me Sunny.  I do not remember what you said but you definitely did not upset me and I am sorry if you thought I did.   >hugs<

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2016, 08:58:23 AM »
I think I should explain.  This is not a gated community and there is only one through road - at each end there is a gate which is [now] closed from about 11pm each evening, but there is a telephone number to call to get the gates open.

But not on Shabbat or Holy Days, and with them starting earlier and earlier the gates are closed at sunset and are not opened until Shabbat and/or Holy Days are over.  There are signs each end saying only emergency vehicle are allowed in on those days.  Except nobody answers their phone on those days so even ambulances cannot get in unless they call the police, and how the heck they get in I do not know.

The Moshav, which is agricultural, is not enclosed, so anyone can get in from the surrounding main roads through the tractor paths.  And there is no way they, or the Moshav, can be enclosed.  So we get the lunatics on their quad bikes coming from town through a tractor path to use the main road as a dirt track - and who knows who else.   I am not worried about break-ins as apart from the window at the front of my bedroom, and my salon, all others have grills.  The front? I have two double tubes [I forget what you call them] which light up the front of my house and I do not think anyone would try to break in in such a light.

We also now have street light the other side of the road  so I feel quite safe - except when that bluddy Color Red siren screams for yet another incoming.

Maybe that is what is bothering me?

To many break-ins lately - cars stolen - but I still feel safer here than I would do back in England.  Or even back in town. 

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2016, 11:45:50 AM »
You asked how you would know if you'd got dementia and described various symptoms.  Others also mentioned various things arising from the question.  I explained something of how there are many different dementias with very different manifestations and various conditions that can mimic dementia.  You said that you didn't think you'd got dementia.  I took it as meaning you thought the conversation had moved on, you'd decided dementia wasn't a possibility etc.

So I took umbrage, which was daft.  I'm overly touchy at the moment and reading things into what other people are saying that isn't what they meant, and have been for some while.  I need to stop and think before posting.

Sorry, Rosie.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:49:02 AM by Sunny Clouds »

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2016, 01:51:09 PM »
Sunny, you need never apologise to me.  OK?    I have known you for a long time and love you  >hugs< OK?  I just need a little bit of help which I cannot get and feel left alone with nobody to call for help.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2016, 04:56:02 PM »
 >hugs<

I wish we lived round the corner from each other.  When we're struggling and worried, we could hug each other.

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 05:05:52 PM »
>hugs<

I wish we lived round the corner from each other.  When we're struggling and worried, we could hug each other.

Yeah - we could hug each other, stuff chocolate down each other's throats, cry together, and laugh together. 

But we do not and please Sunny, NEVER apologise for anything you say to me.  OK?  >rose<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2016, 05:08:18 PM »
Well, I'll do my best, Rosie, but only if you do your best not to apologise to me either.

>present<

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2016, 02:50:21 PM »
OK girls, let's have a rule on here - no S or A words;  the words are now to be considered as swear words and not to be mentioned.

Rosie, a little idea, a small note book which you can use as a type of diary to note what you had to eat and when, also you can make a note about what you thought of it too.  The only problem, you have to remember to use it!
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2016, 03:58:00 PM »
OK Tony I think I know what you mean by S and A words. But unless I and my computer are mistaken it it Monday which means my GP is here from 4-6.3opm and the nurse should be here from 3.30pm to give appointments - and yes she actually answered the phone.  And gave me the last appointment when she knows it is will be too dark for me to get there or back.  And Olga, our GP will not even listen to me when I do go.

I am a non person.  But I pay my Health Fund dues.  I pay extra.  I pay for a private emergency service - and I cannot even contact my social worker, not that I know her name or where to contact her.

Wonderful life, innit.  Fall on the floor and cry because there is nobody to help you get  up?  And all the puppy can do is lick your tears.

I wish I was out of this life.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2016, 06:37:38 PM »
 >hugs<