Author Topic: How do I know  (Read 3107 times)

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
Re: How do I know
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 08:18:59 PM »
Rosie, I am sorry that things are so hard for you. I am sorry that we are so far away and cannot help  >hugs<

wheelydad

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2016, 11:42:24 PM »
Rosie,  >bighugs<

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2016, 04:45:02 AM »
If. If only someone would come in maybe once a day to see if I was OK.  Or maybe just knock on the door on their way to the little shop which is diagonally across the road from me, maybe 50 metres away?

And no I did not get to the doctor.  It was too dark and even though my chair has lights I am not prepared to be squished by a hurtling massive tractor or truck which does not see me.  And then go up [and down] the most dangerous, unlit ramp ever.

No doctor or nurse next week on either of the usual two days, nor the following week as clinic days are on  Holy Days.

I have lived on this Moshav for over 20 years.  Is it too much to expect someone to just knock on my door to check I am still alive?  They all know I am old and very disabled, so is it too much?
Save the world - it's the only planet with chocolate

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2016, 04:02:53 PM »
Rosie, I have just said this in relation to your comment on the Arrrrgggghhh thread -

I thought that respect for elders was an integral part of Judaic teachings? I find it hard to equate that with the neglect you experience or the behaviour of the boys on their bikes  :-(

huhn

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2016, 04:28:16 PM »
 >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs<
 It looks normal today for being ignored. In the summer I took the  cool morning  hours to sit out, and not one from the passing people greeted and this in  a village. And the biggest joke was , when  I took a friend  through my  village and the next door  woman  where asking me to  shop in her tourist  shop, I am only, eh  I am not a  tourist, and she oh I did not see you for a long time , only she is passing me  every day  without  greeting and I am sitting right in front  of her.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2016, 05:30:59 PM »
Rosie and huhn >bighugs<