Author Topic: DLA -> PIP query re over 65s for friend  (Read 488 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
DLA -> PIP query re over 65s for friend
« on: February 25, 2017, 10:50:29 PM »
A friend on another MB has let me post her questions here.  ("Yes, Sunny, as long as I'm not ID'd, that would be good.")

These are extracts from her posts (omitting the thread conversation comments about benefits cuts)...

I'm still waiting for DLA to be re assessed for PIP. They are working round the country for those of us who were awarded DLA" indefinitely" (unless circumstances get better) (ha ha) and haven't got to our postcode yet...

The mobility changes will affect me, they have changed the goalposts so considerably.
One thing you might know about...

I'm one of the ones who is now over 65 but was not in 2013. (For those that dont know, DLA stopped at 65 as you were supposed to get alternative help after that being "elderly"...

My condition has in some ways worsened, but since I am now over 65 will the "Additional" issues count towards PIP or not? Ie, will I only be able to claim for issues that were the case in 2013?...

Thats my situation, i.e. claimed DLA at 55, now above 65. I'll try and find out. Ring MIND or something as it must have come up in areas where DLA claimants over 65 have had to re claim for PIP.

Can anyone help?

Monic1511

Re: DLA -> PIP query re over 65s for friend
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 05:38:25 PM »
Hi

Whenever your friend is invited for the PIP transfer she will be assessed on her needs at that date, I have several ladies who are 66+ who have been told that they have lost their high rate mobility, reinstated on reconsideration to enhanced mobility.  another went from high mob & high care to standard daily living and enhanced mobility.

So she needs to complete the form based on how she is at the time of the form, not what she was like in 2013.

the rules are if you were 65  on or after 8 April 2013 then you wont be reassessed but if you turned 65 on 9/4/13 then you'll be reassessed.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 08:47:28 PM »
Thanks, Monic.  That makes sense to me.  I've passed it on and the recipient is grateful.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 10:30:48 PM »
"by the way, thank you Sunny for that earlier reply going info from the other site. It is, broadly, reassuring, in the sense that I was concerned it would be "frozen" on ones last DLA assessment before reaching 65."