Author Topic: " Thousands have disability vehicles taken away " (BBC)  (Read 330 times)

Offworld

• Charter Member
" Thousands have disability vehicles taken away " (BBC)
« on: April 12, 2017, 12:42:49 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39575293
More than 50,000 disabled people have had specially adapted vehicles taken away since changes to disability benefits in 2013.

JLR2

Re: " Thousands have disability vehicles taken away " (BBC)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 01:35:55 PM »
Given the thirty or so seconds it took the BBC from start to finish to mention this near destruction of motability/mobility I guess the Govt and the DWP will be well chuffed. Indeed the very next article on BBC Breakfast this morning lasted just as long and certainly had none of the seriousness involved as that which is facing those having their mobility car denied to them.

JLR2

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 01:53:18 PM »
I just caught the end of the BBC's News Channel mention of this increase in the numbers of those losing their motability car and like the Breakfast program it too ended with a rather glib muttering from the DWP espousing how there are more folk claiming now since 2010 and that was it onto the next subject by the BBC. We need these pathetic excuses for humans at the DWP to be seriously put on the spot and questioned with the same vigour a disabled benefit claimant faces every day at the hands of the DWP.

SteveX

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 08:08:24 PM »
I just caught the end of the BBC's News Channel mention of this increase in the numbers of those losing their motability car and like the Breakfast program it too ended with a rather glib muttering from the DWP espousing how there are more folk claiming now since 2010 and that was it onto the next subject by the BBC. We need these pathetic excuses for humans at the DWP to be seriously put on the spot and questioned with the same vigour a disabled benefit claimant faces every day at the hands of the DWP.

hear hear!
Member of POMMAS