Author Topic: Radio Scotland the noo  (Read 205 times)

JLR2

Radio Scotland the noo
« on: May 17, 2017, 09:05:14 AM »
I'm listening to BBC Radio Scotland and waiting to see if I'll get a call back to ask Kezia Dugdale a question, the question I phoned in was, 'Will Labour restore the 50mtr criteria for PiP?'.

The number to call to put a question is 08085 929500, maybe if others put in the same call/question it might be asked.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:07:01 AM by JLR2 »

JLR2

Re: Radio Scotland the noo
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 09:40:09 AM »
I've not had a call back as yet, so I guess BBC Scotland are not particularly interested in disability related matters.

JLR2

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 10:07:09 AM »
And so the program has ended without my question being put. I called the program back and told them that as Kay, the program host, had not seen fit to allow my question to be asked I have to assume the program was being run to Dugdale's agenda, rabbiting on about her hatred of any idea of an independent Scotland and nothing to do with a future Labour government possibly reversing the 20mtr change to the DLA mobility criteria. I am left feeling the BBC has been sanitised of anything approaching real debate, it is in effect a waste of space.

james-1989

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 08:08:48 PM »
If she did answer, she would've changed her mind by or tomorrow or blamed the Scottish government.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 08:30:46 PM »
JLR2 that wouldn't really be a question for a Holyrood politician as the PIP criteria is a westmonster issue, I know that Holyrood is getting control of PIP but I don't think they will get to amend the criteria just that they are getting the budget from Westminster.  If you want to ask any of the mob standing for election on 8/6/17 I'd ask them but I doubt you'll get an honest answer.   just my inner cynic popping out!
Monic

JLR2

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 02:26:47 PM »
Ahhh but Monic,  :-)  the discussion was in relation to the general election with Dugdale representing Scottish Labour, you know the branch office >lol<  I was hoping that were I to ger through Dugdale would, thinking it might help Labour, at the very least, would hint at there being a chance that Corbyn might look to reverse the cut to the 50mtr descriptor.