Author Topic: Goody Goodies not letting others take part  (Read 327 times)

huhn

Goody Goodies not letting others take part
« on: May 17, 2017, 11:28:54 AM »
Huhn your recent post deserves a thread of its own, I hope the title is okay >bighugs<

I do not know really where to post  my thoughts , I am tired and upset with a special species  of people, I call them goody goodies. this people are engaging  in social work and are praised for their great work, but in reality  they just do it for their own profit and do not care or even push others around or out. I had the last 2 weeks twice a problem with this type  of person.
the first time was it about a donation for a therapy centre for autistic children. I am, ok I can help, you do a market, not bad so I can  have a table to sell my handy craft and I donat something, there came, no no, you have only to donate we do the other thing, you are not needed and we know it better. I am ok, so before I just donate tell me more about the project. so it came then that it was a friend of a friend and no proper  planning, the other thing is, we have a center for all children with disability, but this was not known to the organizers . so in the end I said no help from me, and my second reason for my no was that the person, who does the fundraising  I know very well from church and she banned my son from youth club , he has adhs and my small one was also banned with the reason that he has a mental handy cap . this person was always very patronizing  to me and now she does  this, without me.
the second one was also a bit disturbing, and caused a little bit a depressive feeling . a while ago one ask me to give advice to a person about some paperwork  , I did it and we got over internet In contact, was fine and I was happy to see that this person is very engaged  in green and social issues. on the weekend I met this person, meeting is a big exasperation . I stood on one side and she on the other and when I tried to talk with her, she walked away. I do not know why, but maybe I was not beautiful  enough  or my two girls with their disability were not suitable . I do not know .i am not understanding ,how you can do good, when you are exclude people. sorry for my rant. but I had it to get it out.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:33:44 PM by SunshineMeadows »

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Goody Goodies not letting others take part
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 08:38:07 PM »
NN,

Here is the part of your reply on the pet thread that was addressing what Huhn

Huhn-  >bighugs< >bighugs< Sometimes people undertake good works to satisfy some psychological need of their own. It may be that the women you encountered fall into that group.

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 08:43:09 PM »
Huhn,

Your post reminds me of when I was a child and Mum took us to church, we always sat near the back where the other poor people were.

My Mum used to try to do allsorts of charity work but the woman at church did not like the fact she was divorced and had five kids.

I live being online because I get to avoid the Goody goodies in it for their own egos and no one cares who my father is or what his job is.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 12:22:13 AM »
 >bighugs<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

huhn

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 06:17:38 AM »
thanks >hugs< >hugs< >hugs<