Author Topic: Don't forget to vote  (Read 395 times)

lankou

• Charter Member
Don't forget to vote
« on: May 20, 2017, 09:40:21 AM »

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Don't forget to vote
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:21:06 PM »
Especially not if you get to vote for the dog!

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 06:29:48 PM »
Especially not if you get to vote for the dog!

The dog is probably more intelligent than many of the candidates.

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 08:32:29 PM »
Too late, I voted on Tuesday!  Postal ballots are a good thing.

All I would encourage people to do is vote for policies not personalities.  If you don't like the leader of the party, but you like the policies, vote for the party whose policies suit your views.

Check the leaflets too, our local United Kingdom Idiots Party says that the level of people that voted Leave in the EU referendum was 60%, now being in the 48.1% who voted Remain, I know that he's added the integer part to the decimal part to get the figure! 

Still have fun and unless the pain keeps you up all night, wait till 10am on June 9th for the result.
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 07:38:46 AM »
If we take into account the fact that Theresa May called a snap election because she thought the Conservatives would win the fact we now have a hung parliament makes here a loser.

I am disappointed but feel way better than I did last time. I am so happy we have Labour and New Labour is no longer getting its way.

http://www.independent.co.uk/News/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-labour-election-latest-theresa-may-prime-minister-quit-conservatives-hung-parliament-a7780621.html

Mr Corbyn said the UK could be a “different and fundamentally better place”.

“What’s happened is people have said they have had quite enough of austerity politics, they have had quite enough of cuts in public expenditure, underfunding our health service, underfunding our schools and our education service and not giving our young people the chance they deserve in our society.”

People were “voting for hope for the future and turning their backs on austerity”, he said.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 05:01:17 PM »
Certainly been an interesting day for politics - have been listening to either radio or TV almost the whole day...there's going to be a lot of soul-searching and inquests at Tory Central Office!

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 08:33:08 PM »
I'm so sorry that it's parties from Northern Ireland that are propping up the feckin' Tories.  :-(