Author Topic: Getting married  (Read 2091 times)

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Getting married
« on: June 02, 2017, 07:59:46 AM »
Now that the wedding is a month away I figured it is time for the wedding thread  >biggrin<

the question for today is do we buy plastic glasses or splash out on some basic glass ones. I feel like if a plastic glass is anyway near me I will wafted it with the wheelchair and the drink will end up on the floor.

I might be fussing over small things, Like we decided to have people back to the house and so it needs to be clean and tidy which so far has included buy new toilet brushes. Not that there was anything wrong with the old ones it is just new ones are un used and shiny. I would also like the house to be redecorated from top to bottom and the garden looking like it was made for Chelsea  >angel<

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Getting married
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 08:03:38 AM »
PS

I am going to where a poofee flowered blouse I bought from Marks and Sparks and thought was just right until I saw a character on Eaatenders wearing a trouser suit in the same pattern  >yikes<. She looked like an old lady, I dont want to look like an old lady, hmm I do have some grey hair and wrinkles but I am only almost 50 wheich is apparently the new twenty - or something like that.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 09:02:31 AM »
The end of this year will be my 40th wedding anniversary. If I had committed a mass murder I would have been let out by now.

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 10:45:13 AM »
Once upon a time when my twin sister visited England from the US and managed to get our older sister to turn up - well it was for our 40th birthday so we had a party.  Must have been in 1982.

Being skint it was a BYOB party as I could only afford mixers.

Glasses?  Weeellll - if I had bought booze from local booze shops I could have rented them.  The glasses, I mean, but being a cheapo  I found a store where not only the drinky poos were cheaper [I do not drink so I should care] but I could buy  dozens of booze glasses for less than - well -  peanuts?  Only one problem was that the rather nice glasses were pink. 

None were broken and I still have them in a cupboard somewhere as they were packed with the rest of my things when I came here nearly 32 years ago.

Save the world - it's the only planet with chocolate

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 06:55:30 AM »
Lankou,

That is a picture of the actress Peggy Mount she never married  >lol<, but yes 40 years is such a long time. What has been the best thing about being married and the worst?

Rosie,

>biggergrin< we were thinking of getting plastic glasses for the toast *splutters* my Dad would have had a lot to say lol, then a friend of mine said she would look around the charity shops and see what she can find. It is not a problem just a detail of the day  >angel<

My Mum and Dad died years ago so the wedding is going to be be for friends more than family.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 07:28:43 AM »
the question for today is do we buy plastic glasses or splash out on some basic glass ones. I feel like if a plastic glass is anyway near me I will wafted it with the wheelchair and the drink will end up on the floor.

You could always go hipster, and serve the drinks in mismatched mugs, or empty Golden Syrup tins or something.

Or you could adapt Rosie's idea. Instead of a BYOB reception, make it BYOG (Bring Your Own Glass). That way, not only will there be frewer breakages, because theoretically people would be more careful with their own glasses, but they'll be taking them home at the end of the party, so less wahing up!  >biggrin<

huhn

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 08:19:16 AM »
good idea

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 08:30:14 AM »

That is a picture of the actress Peggy Mount she never married

I know that but the character she played in Sailor Beware always reminds me of my mother.

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 04:17:16 PM »
Lankou. Congratulations on your forthcoming Ruby wedding.  We celebrated ours 2 years ago.  Ours was a white wedding.  My dad would've been upset had it been anything else.  It's so long ago, that it's become a bit blurred now.  The reception at the local hotel was 25.  That included a three course meal for fifty guests or so.  My dress was bought at Etams, with matching veil and headress.  I've still got it, but, it's hopelessly dated now.  Sunshine, no matter what glasses you chose to have, or, what you wear, all you'll remember is your happiness on the day.  I've always thought the sun shone throughout on my wedding day.  In reality, it was October, cold, and windy.  The star of the show will be you.   It's your day, enjoy it.  Hopefully, we might see some wedding photos on the forum.  >bubbly<

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 05:16:17 PM »
Lankou. Congratulations on your forthcoming Ruby wedding.

It is some months away yet.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 05:35:06 PM »
I would also like the house to be redecorated from top to bottom and the garden looking like it was made for Chelsea  >angel<

Errr... realistic suggestions?  ;-)

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 07:29:25 AM »
Kizzy,

LOL a girl can dream :-)

Ally,

all you'll remember is your happiness on the day.  I've always thought the sun shone throughout on my wedding day.

:-) I am fairly chilled and not particularly stressed, it is kind of wonderful because I usually get really worried about attending family events. I will post some photos when we have them.

Norrin Radd

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 10:46:01 PM »
You're getting married? Congratulations, Sunshine!

wheelydad

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 12:05:48 AM »
Congratulations Sunshine, and sincere best wishes for a happy future.

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 08:45:20 AM »
Thank you  >biggrin<

Yes I am getting married in less than a month.

I have lived with Mr Sunshine for 13 years and we had a lot of ups and downs, especially last year when we almost went our separate ways. We went to couples counselling and it helped a lot. He fell down the attic stairs in January and broke his ankle, our families, friends and own responses to that emergency put a cap on what really matters.