Author Topic: I am sorry  (Read 231 times)

Rosie

• Charter Member
I am sorry
« on: June 17, 2017, 01:42:02 PM »
I cannot help or advise anyone.  I know nothing about brown envelopes and the extreme worries they cause.  I know nothing about most problems here so I am sorry I cannot help.

But I have spent the last eight days in  the most agonizing pain due to arthritic gout.

LAUGH - everyone laughs when they hear about gout. Stop eating rich food, put the bottle down - only rich food?  and I do not and never had drunk.

Laugh at me but I have and am still in so much pain.  My left foot is swollen from toes to my heel and even though at 75 years old and this is only the third time I have had gout. I want tp cut my foot off.

Or shoot myself.
Save the world - it's the only planet with chocolate

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: I am sorry
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 02:27:38 PM »
>bighugs<

Rosie, there's no need to apologise. Gout is excruciating, and the popular perception that it's somehow lifestyle-related is inaccurate. I can understand your distress at people scoffing, when they wouldn't react that way to someone experiencing an acute flare-up of any other form of arthritis.

All I can offer is some >hugs< , and the hope that the pain and inflammation begins to die down soon.

>bighugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 02:28:53 PM »
I never cease to be amazed by the excuses some people come up with!  Not advising on something just because you know nothing about it?  Don't you know it's perfectly normal behaviour to give advice where you don't know what you're on about, leaving a trail of problems and chaos?

And this being in pain thing.  What's a bit of total agony here or there?  I bet you're even using it as an excuse not to run marathons.  And I suppose today you'll say it's Shabbat as well, but just because you're not supposed to be doing anything doesn't mean you shouldn't get up off your bed and have your day of rest vigorously and enthusiastically.  Get jumping up and down whilst saying your Shabbat prayers!

As for shooting yourself in the foot, people seem to do that often enough round here, and it doesn't seem to be an effective strategy.  Oh, not that sort of shooting yourself?   Yes, it'd be typical of you to think that death was a good enough excuse not to post.

Honestly, some Ouchers!

>devil<

huhn

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 03:07:52 PM »
 >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs< >bighugs<I have maybe an advice , out of my experience , I get terrible pain in my big toe when I eat purine rich food like peas or cauliflower .

SunshineMeadows

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 03:38:23 PM »
 >bighugs<

I hope the pain reduces very soon.

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 04:47:36 PM »
@Sunny - oh you do make me laugh!  If we had not known each other for so many years I might not understand your humour, but I do and I thank you for it.

@huhn - I had not eaten any purines although things like peas and cauliflower are not purine heavy.  This arthritic gout, and it was only the third time it had ever hit me, does not need an excuse for it to trigger.  It just happened and pain is not the word.  Agony is more like it.

@NN - it will ease off but it is a good thing I do not have an axe to help it on its way.

@Sunshine - I will survive.  But I am not sure how much longer I can cope with this pain - just when I thought it was easy off.

Booger.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 05:15:24 PM »
 >bighugs<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator and Welfare Rights
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 05:44:39 PM »
Wotcha Rosie - at any one time, there are going to be Ouchers who aren't in a place to 'help or advise' due to pain, distress, what-have-you, so don't worry about that. This is a board used by disabled people, after all...

>x-fingers< you get some relief soon, your current affliction sounds pretty grim  >thumbsdown<

Rosie

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 06:51:17 PM »
Kizzy - I have been a member of Ouch for yonks.  Originally the BBC Ouch - such a long time ago now.  I know I am not around on Ouch Too much these days but I am still here and will stay here - silent or not.

I cope with physical pain.  Have done for years now because I cannot take strong pain-killers.  But this gout is excruciating although B"H it is now easing.  Thanks to the advice of old Granny's remedy of baking powder in water, told to me on another site.  I just have to be careful not to take too much because of my high BP so it is probably taking a bit longer to ease off than it would do.

But this last week has been sheer effing ell and I am not exaggerating. 

How on earth did I cope with my beloved Pereg and her diabolical epilepsy?  And then tiny Tikva who was only three weeks old, not weaned, and had to be bottle fed?

Because I had to, just as I have to put up with this pain. 

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 09:47:40 PM »
Thanks to the advice of old Granny's remedy of baking powder in water, told to me on another site.  I just have to be careful not to take too much because of my high BP so it is probably taking a bit longer to ease off than it would do.

Ahh, good old bicarb. One of the most underrated substances known to humankind.

I'm glad you have something in your arsenal against the pain. >hugs<