Author Topic: Good news, Bad News and $%^&* News  (Read 548 times)

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Good news, Bad News and $%^&* News
« on: 13 Jan 2018 05:39PM »
What a week we have had.

Good news is we got the mortgage completed (more info in 3am)  >biggrin<

Bad News is someone stole Mr Sunshine's electric bike from the alleyway when we were IN THE HOUSE!!! The house insurance should cover the cost but I am worried about the odc effect of knowing the alleyway door and front door need to be locked even when we are home  :-(

%^$"& News is we switched from Virgin Media to BT and Mr Sunshine's work phone got disconnected by mistake and it is taking a lot of calls and online chats to sort. Still not sorted.

Supplemental News is Mr Sunshine had to take day the day off as holiday and I can now have a fresh cup of coffee most anytime tonight  >dove< >angel<

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: Good news, Bad News and $%^&* News
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2018 07:59PM »
 >bighugs<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2018 10:05PM »
Life never seems to take a day off, does it.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2018 10:49AM »
.. someone stole Mr Sunshine's electric bike from the alleyway when we were IN THE HOUSE!!!

Whenever I read or hear about people not being able to leave anything anywhere without virtually nailing it down, I can't help thinking of those places (in the Middle East and Africa) where robbers still get their right hand chopped off at the wrist as punishment for not keeping their dirty thieving fingers away from other people's property... What a bloody nerve  >angry<

Great progress with the mortgage, though, after all the jumping through hoops  >yikes<

>x-fingers< that the other stuff with BT etc is ironed out sooner rather than later - changing provider of any service never seems to be straightforward, does it  >erm<

huhn

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2018 06:50PM »
oh, >hugs< dear >hugs< >hugs< >hugs<
we leaved here  the doors  open to get some breeze in to cool down in summer, strangely steeling is rare here.

JLR2

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2018 11:06AM »
 >hugs<  I would like to think I'm paranoid but now I have fitted a chain, large link crofters gate like links, to my front door sort of my version of the smaller door chain latch thing. I fitted the one I have as because of the physical nature on the way my door is so near the inner wall seeing who is at the door requires opening the door so wide. I always keep  my door locked both on its yale like lock and the bolt I put in place a while back. When I'm heading off tae kip I lock and chain the front door, lock the inner door and then lock my bedroom door, I've even started leaving my step ladder just inside the inner door. My reasoning behind doing all this is that whilst I live in a small village in the Highlands I have read of older folk being targeted by door to door criminals who in some cases have forced doors open before going on to attack the folk in their own homes.

My house sits in a short terrace of 3 houses and those living here are fairly old a particular target for some criminals who see older folk as being more likely to have cash or antiques collected over their life time. By my having so many locks, bolts and now the chain I hope to give myself the time, should I find someone trying to force their way into my home, to call the Police from the phone in the bedroom. Well that and I keep on looking for something to do, you know putting up shelves or rearranging my furniture again  >lol<