Author Topic: Alleged hacker with Aspergers spared US extradition  (Read 1319 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: Alleged hacker with Aspergers spared US extradition
« Reply #15 on: 12 Feb 2018 09:10PM »
A memory.

I worked on a team that provided advice.  It was decided to extend our telephone contact hours and to provide more other services.

We sat down as members of the team and concluded that if we juggled things around rather than all working rotating shifts, we could each play to our strengths.  In particular, I had different start and finish and lunch times from the others.  I had one manager who accused me of spending too long on each call and I pointed out to her that I also took more calls than my colleagues.

Gradually, over time we had a turnover of staff until all the others on my immediate team and most of those on overlapping teams had come to work there after these arrangements were in place.  I realised people were bullying me, then I realised that my different times were seen as privileges.  I also realised they'd done the dirty on me with the phone system by not rotating which of us took calls first, so that every new call that came in rang on my phone first so I took more calls.  I also realised that I was the only one typing my own letters (which was quicker than dictating then checking the typed up version), not to mention mostly doing my letters and keeping abreast with professional reading in my own time.

Eventually, I put my foot down.  People were shocked. Then I left and a year or so later I went back to say hello.  The service I'd been working on had crumbled badly.   The service was taking calls for fewer than half the number of hours each day than it had been.  I was told by several staff including managers and colleagues that they hadn't realised how much I (and some other colleagues) did until we didn't do it.

I have been so appallingly bullied in various jobs that I'm very, very wary of going back to work, and it was made all the worse for also having  been gaslighted into believing that it was all my fault, in my case by a very, very unpleasant psychiatrist and a bunch of other mental health professionals whose attitudes and behaviour had an adverse effect on their colleagues as well.

I'm very exploitable in a workplace situation.  Quite frankly, I think the only way I'd ever get back into paid work would be self-employment for fixed outcome-based contracts.

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: 12 Feb 2018 09:20PM »
Women should be happy creatures with a picnic basket full of smiles, eternal love and forgiveness for everyone around them. Apparently?

People made to feel lazy and stupid for not being good enough to be a part of a society which they feel rejected by and disconnected from. I guess that is why some people would rather help animal charities than people-orientated ones. Some people feel more connected to animals and communicate easier with them as there is little in the way of complicated social rituals and second-guessing mind games.

Pressurised into pretending to want to be a part of a system. The level of security, stability, understanding and compassion and respect you receive is based on the value of your Capitalist output and mindless Social Compliance.   

Oh, DD, what sense you do talk!  'Society' is a strange thing; I suppose in our hearts we still feel obliged on a visceral level to 'bend' to the various controls put in place, and to feel guilty and a 'failure' if we so much as question, "is this really how it's supposed to be'?  It takes a lot of guts and self-belief to stand apart from the herd mentality.

Sunny, regarding your return to say howdy-doody to your ex-colleagues, often people don't realise a good thing until it's gone (wasn't there a song about that once?)  Bullying at work is a pile of  >bleep< - it can seem like there's no escape, especially with the fear around getting benefits if one leaves the job 'voluntarily' (though the term 'constructive dismissal' would cover some cases, I assume.)  No wonder you're cautious about exposing yourself to the same situation again!

SteveX

« Reply #17 on: 23 Feb 2018 08:17PM »
uhmm... am I the only buffoon who glanced at the thread title and just for a second or two, read it as:-

'Alleged hacker with Asparagus spared US extradition'
Member of POMMAS

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: 24 Feb 2018 04:27PM »
 >biggrin< looks like it's just you, Steve!

...."shoulda gone to Specsavers..."

SteveX

« Reply #19 on: 25 Feb 2018 07:11PM »
>biggrin< looks like it's just you, Steve!

...."shoulda gone to Specsavers..."

You know, it's funny that you say that, I got a letter a week ago from my optician saying I was due for a check.   >lol<
Member of POMMAS

Dark_Divinity

• Charter Member and Volunteer
« Reply #20 on: 26 Feb 2018 11:48PM »
uhmm... am I the only buffoon who glanced at the thread title and just for a second or two, read it as:-

'Alleged hacker with Asparagus spared US extradition'

Isn't it illegal to have Asparagus in public, shirley you need a Licence?

Professor Snape showing how powerful his Asparagus wand is. Another slightly weird but educational lesson. Defence against the dark vegetable arts.
July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

June 2012 -Hypothyroidism.

SteveX

« Reply #21 on: 26 Feb 2018 11:53PM »
haha, awesome.
Member of POMMAS

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: 27 Feb 2018 12:08PM »
That's his PIP gone for a burton if he's using an aid like that.  Ok, so using an asparagus spear instead of a wand is mildly suggestive of cognitive impairment and visual impairment, and casting spells with it is suggestive of psychotic delusions and manic grandiosity, but it's definitely an aid so he needn't expect any help with any of his problems, like PTSD from his childhood experiences.  Further, he clearly needs no AtW funding, since it appears to enable his employers at Hogwarts to make sufficient reasonable adjustments for him to work there, focussing on teaching spellcasting whilst his colleagues mark essays and do the housemaster-type stuff.

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)