Author Topic: Yellow triangle  (Read 110 times)

ally

• Diamond member
Yellow triangle
« on: February 06, 2018, 08:24:38 AM »
I'm sorry if I'm stupid.  However, where do I get a yellow triangle from?  There's something I wanted to post, but, from what I've read I think I'll need to use one.  Also can someone explain why, and, when they're used.  I'd hate to upset any one on  the forum.  Thanks in advance

lankou

• Charter Member
Re: Yellow triangle
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 08:33:00 AM »
Under the subject line (Message header) Is Message icon click the down arrow and select the icon of your choice. The warning triangle is top of the list.

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 08:39:38 AM »
Thanks.  I looked all over for one yesterday.  Sometimes, I can be useless at doing simple stuff.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 08:43:24 AM »
Thanks.  I looked all over for one yesterday.  Sometimes, I can be useless at doing simple stuff.

I have trouble finding my way out of a phone box.

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 08:48:34 AM »
I'm laughing.  Will the icon appear on the post, as it doesn't when I click preview?

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 08:56:11 AM »
> note:  warning icon on post is for testing purposes only

Hi Ally, you're not stupid at all - no-one comes onto a message board automatically knowing everything about how it works  ;-)   >tah< Lankou for explaining!

As regards using the yellow triangle/warning icon, it's generally for when anyone wants to post anything that might 'trigger' others:  main examples being posts about abuse, self-harm, suicide.  Of course it would also depend on how graphic the post is in description of these subjects. 

Having said that, if anyone makes a post that should have a warning icon, but doesn't, it's no problem - I can add it if necessary and no-one's going to get in strife over it  >thumbsup<

PS - just seen your latest post and the triangle works for me in Preview..  are you sure you're looking next to 'Message Icon'? at the top of the posting screen below 'Subject'?

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 09:19:24 AM »
Kizzy I'm going to post under current affairs.  If I triangle Icon doesn't come on, and, you think it needs it, thanks in advance.

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 09:23:49 AM »
It didn't show on preview, but, worked when posted.  Thanks X

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 10:11:39 AM »
Suggestion.

Type your thread title and select the message icon.
Type a very short message, eg. 'testing icon, hang on'
Post message.
Check the icon's the one you wanted.
Click 'modify' to edit message to type in what you want to say now you feel confident you've picked the right icon.

(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 10:36:40 AM »
Good one, Sunny - thanks!

I admit to not having been 100% sure what options are available to members who aren't mods, as I've had a different level of access for some time now - your post has helped me too  >cool<

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 12:19:16 PM »
Thanks sunny.  I've never used the triangle before.  If I'm honest, I've been wary of posting anything needing one.  I was unsure of the protocol, and, as said, concerned about upsetting anyone unintentionally.  I feel more confident now.