Author Topic: Letter from Maria Miller MP  (Read 772 times)

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
Letter from Maria Miller MP
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »
Dear Hugh Bailey M.P

Thank you for your futher letter of 28th November on behalf of___________________ York regarding Disability Living Allowance

Official's have searched our corresondence's system + unfortunately   there is no record of reciept of your letter of 12th August. I am sorry that you had to write to me again, but I would like to thank you for doing so

You asked me about the new, more objective assessment for Personal Indepencdence Payment, which was announced at the 2010 Budget.

The purpose of this assessment is to allow us to assess indivdual's more accurately, objectively + consistently to determine the requirement's for additional support. The Goverment reconisese's that individual's can have verydiffering circumstance's + so we want to develop an assessment that measure's the impact of an indivdual's health condition or impairment on their abilaty to participate rather than focusing sorly on the health condition or impairment itself.

We propose that the assessment look's at an indevidual's ability to carry out eleven everyday activitie's- for example relating to their prepare,cook and eat food + drink, manage personal care +treatment, communicate + get around these activitieve's have been chosen to consider the impact of a more comperehsive range of impairment's than the current Disability Living Allowance criteria.

As I explainned in my previous reply no decision's have yet been taken on the delivery model for the assessment + we are still in the process of developing new claim's +assessment processes. However we anticipate that claiment's will be
able to request an assessor of the same sex + this request will be accommodated where possible

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Letter from Maria Miller MP
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:13:23 PM »
M. Miller doesn't sound any better when reading more correspondence from her office. 
This is the same stuff that's been said over & over again - except that her office has now taken to losing letters from other MPs, which could be more than a bit inconvenient if it's not just a one-off... if anybody else knows of "lost" correspondence she could be in real trouble.

Prabhakari

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:35:16 AM »
Oh, I do hope so...wistfully.
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 09:05:45 PM »
Hello SeeGee

After reading her letter again the --- PiP sound's like a concentration camp ration book  issued by the nazi's so how long before the finnal solution + the gas chamber because the D.L.A was a banquat which was dreadfully abused by unsrupolus pig's claimming to be disabled