Author Topic: Re-launching the ship happyness by bulekingfisher  (Read 517267 times)

Prabhakari

Re: Re-launching the ship happyness by bulekingfisher
« Reply #3900 on: January 31, 2018, 04:09:39 AM »
Hullo Dear Bulekingfisher. I have a feeling that your lovely ship has a few sea-miles under her hull. If you wish to be my guest on Wanderer III you will always find a welcome. So may you never see a raft of plastic, but always find clear, blue waters.

With metta, Prabhakari.  >wheelchair<
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

SashaQ

• Charter Member
« Reply #3901 on: February 01, 2018, 07:19:20 PM »
*emerges from cabin blearily and rummages through the backlog*

I think our adventures are some thing like Arostol ( classic Greek) Adventures of Odyssey I remember stories of the Gorgons head + Jason + the Argonauts

That's a really good analogy, Captain - yes, the Good Ship Happyness is indeed on an odyssey, encountering fantastic places as we go wherever the current takes us >biggrin<

Yikes - sorry to hear about your injuries >yikes< Hope you're much recovered now, Captain, but glad you are able to type still.  Vitamin D is a good idea indeed >thumbsup<

*** 1 February Menu***

Salmon Hollandaise
Spinach and Ricotta Filo Pastry
Both served with Tenderstem Broccoli and New Potatoes

Creme Brulee with Berry Compote
Coffee and Walnut Cake

Yorkshire Tea
Fresh Coffee
Cranberry Juice

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3902 on: February 01, 2018, 09:10:05 PM »
Hooray  >magic< decent tucker at last, it was coming down to 'ship's biscuits' (weevils an optional extra)

SashaQ

• Charter Member
« Reply #3903 on: February 02, 2018, 07:15:58 PM »
 >thumbsup< >biggrin<

Ah, weevils do get everywhere https://h2g2.com/edited_entry/A87746313 - I shall attend to that  >run<

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3904 on: February 02, 2018, 09:40:40 PM »
Wow, the old h2g2 is still going strong, then!!

Thanks for the info - I think  >yikes<  Guess who's going to go to bed itching  >erm<

SashaQ

• Charter Member
« Reply #3905 on: February 03, 2018, 11:11:39 AM »
 >lol<  No need to itch, now - all the weevils are gone  >thumbsup< >biggrin<

Yes, h2g2 is still going strong after the Beeb cut it off as well...  I do miss the days when I had all my Ouch and h2g2 info in one place, but it is pleasing to see how the communities rallied round to keep existing without the BBC's help  >biggrin<  I'm a volunteer at h2g2 these days, so I spend most time there, but I salute you for volunteering over here - not always easy to be a volunteer, but it is appreciated that the work keeps communities together  >tah<  I read Sunshine's news and wish her all the best.

***Captain's Table Saturday Menu***

Salmon and Broccoli Pasta with creamy yoghurt sauce
Scouse - lamb stew with potatoes, carrots and onions

Bakewell Tart
Apple Pie

Yorkshire Tea
Orange Juice

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3906 on: February 03, 2018, 11:49:41 AM »
.. I'm a volunteer at h2g2 these days, so I spend most time there, but I salute you for volunteering over here - not always easy to be a volunteer, but it is appreciated that the work keeps communities together >tah<

>thumbsup<  damn tootin' right  >cool< - and Bakewell Tart is one of my fave puds  >angel<

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #3907 on: February 03, 2018, 07:30:27 PM »
Hello SashaQ

It is a wonderful Saturday menu I'm looking forward to but those weevils are stowaway's so they should  walk the plank in to Davey Jones looker

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #3908 on: February 12, 2018, 09:48:26 AM »
Hello all crew

YIPPEEE the launching of the ship happens is 10 years old tomorrow + even the despicable BBC can not keep a plot down + I want to give a VERY SPECIAL commendation to Kizzy Kazaer crew member to join me on an adventure as she was the very first crew member + I immediately made her my first officer + I've never regretted it. The only thing to surprise is we have lasted so long I thought I would be luck to last 1 or 2 months at the very most

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3909 on: February 12, 2018, 11:34:12 AM »
Thank you, Captain Bule, for your complimentaries  >biggrin<  10th anniversary, eh?  That's mega fantabulous - I do hope we're going to have one helluva party  >bubbly< >cake< >musical-note<

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #3910 on: February 12, 2018, 09:25:47 PM »
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

Yes we can have one humdinger of a blow out on fermented fruit juice + we can have big hang-over's tomorrow if you want me to tie you down on bed to prevent you falling over board in a drunken stumper we can order out to give SashaQ time out of the kitchen. I might have to lock Eric in a steel cage + take all weapon's off him for safety  reasons

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3911 on: February 13, 2018, 08:38:35 AM »
..we can have big hang-over's tomorrow if you want me to tie you down on bed to prevent you falling over board in a drunken stumper

>lol<  oh the shame, the shame..

I might have to lock Eric in a steel cage + take all weapon's off him for safety  reasons

I think that would be a very sensible move:  the last thing we need is him running amok while he's armed and dangerous  >yikes<

>happybirthday< to the Happiness!

SashaQ

• Charter Member
« Reply #3912 on: February 13, 2018, 07:28:56 PM »
I'm not one for going overboard on the alcohol, and I do like preparing party meals, so it's no problem - I'll have a cider and rustle us up a birthday feast!

*** Happyness Birthday Feast ***

Smoked Salmon or Cucumber and Cream Cheese Canapes
Coronation Chicken or Mediterranean Vegetable Vol au Vents
Spring Rolls and Samosas
Cucumber Sandwiches cut into Circles

Pancakes with Cheese and Beans
Pancakes with Lemon and Sugar

Chocolate Mousse
Jelly and Ice Cream

Swedish Cider
Tropical Fruit Juice
Yorkshire Tea

>biggrin<

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3913 on: February 15, 2018, 11:56:29 AM »
Swedish Cider?  Not Somerset Scrumpy?  >biggrin<

Liking the seasonal addition of pancakes  >thumbsup<  Well, really I liked all of it - and the leftovers have kept us going for a couple more days ... Dear Msr Sasha, can you please visit on a regular basis so we don't starve  >biggergrin<

SashaQ

• Charter Member
« Reply #3914 on: February 15, 2018, 08:30:47 PM »
Yes, that was a good birthday feast - I enjoyed that, too!  I'm not a fan of pancakes on a regular basis, but they are a treat once a year  >biggrin<  I salute the Captain for creating and maintaining the Good Ship all these years - long may it continue!  >captain< >magic<

I've only got Swedish cider in at the moment, so it was all I could think of >lol< but I did enjoy some Somerset Scrumpy last month >thumbsup<

Yes, I do need to make sure I don't get stuck in my cabin for too long again - much better up here on deck  >cool<

*** Thursday Menu ***

Stonebaked Margarita Pizza
Spaghetti Bolognese
Dischi Volante Pasta with Pesto
Mediterranean Vegetable Lasagne

Tiramisu
Strawberry Gelato

San Pellegrino Sparkling Water
Somerset Scrumpy
Yorkshire Tea