Author Topic: Low iron in blood  (Read 243 times)

Frances

• Charter Member
Re: Low iron in blood
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 04:59:08 PM »
 I know this is a silly thing to say. >erm<
 But I did find by concentrating on my breathing it seemed to help me relax a bit, Which did seem to help quite a bit.
I also got the results the same day.
Oh By the way I just worked out I'd had it done 4 times in 3 years, Before my bowel perfurated Feb 2 2017, I was in Hossy until a couple of Days before Rys Birthday 10 July.   Not in a hurry to go back.
Although the Consultant was'nt expecting me to survive.
I saw her a couple of months ago and she is so pleased , She has sighned me off, Just got to see GP if needed now.
Hope all goes well for you. >hugs<
You need to give love to receive it.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 05:13:25 PM »
My endoscopy was just to check out whether I might have coeliac disease.  I don't.  The symptoms were down to other things, including food intolerance.

The colonoscopy was simply part of a routine bowel screening programme.  "Hello, this is your local NHS scare-you-witless unit.  We know we've just checked your breasts but let's worry you about something else."
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 06:19:14 PM »

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 07:32:00 AM »
My daughter was told they'd ruled out Crohn's disease following her last colonoscopy and then was given drugs to try to ease her pain. She tried a few drugs none of which worked. Then her consultant gave her a regime of drugs to take at each stage of a flare up as the pain comes for a while then she's pain free for a while. This regime of drugs has worked perfectly and when the pains return they respond quickly to the drugs she then takes and so with these drugs she is kept virtually pain free and able to control any flare ups quickly. At her next appointment with the consultant he told her the drug regime that she's been taking is the Crohn's drug regime and he's 99% certain her condition is Crohn's. When she said but she'd been told she didn't have Crohn's following her colonoscopy he said that Crohn's can only be diagnosed via a colonoscopy if it's completed during a flare up and hers had been in a pain free patch. Diverticulitis can always be diagnosed during a colonoscopy but Crohn's needs to be done at the right time. Not something they told her at the time! But, we're both happy that the various drugs she now has are working and that she doesn't need to take any drugs in pain free times. Some people grow out of Crohn's and I hope she's one of them.

I hope your procedure goes smoothly ally,  literally even. If you have midazolam and either a benzodiazipine or fentnyl you won't know a thing about it. My dd had midazolam and diazepam IV. 

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2018, 08:42:28 AM »
Fizz, thanks.  I just want it over.  It's the uncertainty of not knowing what's causing the anaemia that's concerning me.  I hope your daughter does grow out of the crohns.  I'm glad the drugs are working for her.   >hugs<