Author Topic: tonight is the night...  (Read 5160 times)

Danslatete

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
tonight is the night...
« on: September 04, 2012, 02:34:40 PM »
I am praying for the miracle healing proccess to be painless, fingers crossed. >biggergrin<

Tomorrow i will no longer be on WRAG CESA. This is my exhaustion date, funnily enough i do feel knac#ered today! >lol<

I am lucky enough to have 7hrs of paid work for the next few weeks so at least i will have something to live on, after that i will be asking for a sub from my other half.

Apperently food banks are giving out more food parcels now than ever before in my area, they are asking for donations and putting collection points in all the local supermarkets. Lets hope we never need them.

marfanannie

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
Re: tonight is the night...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 10:42:31 PM »
Hi - Only 80 minutes to go before you are cured.  Maybe ATOS will give you the magic formula they used and you could make a living selling it to all of us who are fit for work!!

Good luck..

seegee

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 08:38:09 AM »
Congratulations on the miracle cure, Danslatete...  >whistle< 

Hope you have a restful day & soon feel less tired-out.  >bighugs<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »
 >bighugs<

I wish there was a miracle cure for all that ended up on time limited Contribution based ESA. I hate that the government has done this to people. I got a reprieve when I was put in the Support Group but the notion that if a treatment or medical advance could make me a bit better and this would probably make my quality of life worse absolutely stinks.

I hope you are able to get at least some tax credit on joint income.

Hurtyback

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 11:28:29 AM »
So, how are you feeling today Danslatete?

Danslatete

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 03:53:30 PM »
After a very interupted nights sleep, i woke up this morning...late and had to rush around with the children. >doh<
Unfortunaletly i feel that i have been short changed by the powers that be. Here am i still in need of the medication i have been taking for the last  few years. >erm<
No change to report i'm sorry to say, just another bunch of charletons  >angry<
However it may be that the recovery could be just a gradual slow thing so i will keep an eye out and let you know if i regain total function in my left arm, lose the nerve pain in my right fingers, have my vertabrea stack nice and neatly and stop having problems with my legs, i always seem to forget the brain thing so you may have to remind me.... I wonder if my scars will disappear?
Heres hoping x >biggergrin<

Yvette

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 05:30:39 PM »
I'm so sorry the miracle healing proccess didn't work.    :-(

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 09:04:49 PM »
 >hugs<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 12:45:42 PM »
The time limit on ESA(C) WRAG claimants does indeed suck like an industrial-strength hoover  >thumbsdown<

However.....you may be able to re-qualify for another round of ESA (C) in future - I found this on the Disability Rights UK site:

If you cannot get income-related ESA, you may be able to claim contributory ESA again in the future if your condition deteriorates as long as Jobcentre Plus considers that you have continuously had limited capability for work since your contributory ESA stopped. To satisfy this, once contributory ESA ceases you should ask Jobcentre Plus to continue to assess you as having limited capability for work. Then if your condition does get worse you can make a new claim for ESA. You will probably be referred for a work capability assessment. If it is accepted at this assessment that you have limited capability for work-related activity (and can thus be moved into the support group) you can be awarded contributory ESA once more. It will last as long as you remain in the support group.

If you cannot get income-related ESA, you may be able to re-qualify for a year of contribution-based ESA for people in the work-related activity group after 12 weeks. It is possible for someone whose time limited ESA has ended to successfully reclaim again in as little as 12 weeks if they meet the National Insurance contribution conditions under a different and later tax year than before. You are only likely to re-qualify for contributory ESA on this basis if your previous claim for contributory ESA began after 31 December 2010. Please get advice about this.

Danslatete

• Charter Member
  • Diamond member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »
Kizzy my brain is so fried i cant get any sense  of what that means. I just had my meeting at the job centre and could hardly stay awake. He said i need to pace better and let some things go.
The only thing is there is nothing to go. I am working btwn 7 and 10 hrs, i got exta this week to cover some one who was off sick. I thought i could do it no problems, i was wrong. He said that i should reduce the hours i am working, i reminded him i am off the esa and only getting minimum wage so will not get much from the work but better than notthing.
I was offered 25 hours a week after the october holidays, i dont see how i can accept it. i will not have the 7 hrs then either. i dont know what to do, he refered me to cornerstone as they try to help you stay in work.
I explained i am in more pain and taking maximum meds, i am not sleeping well and to be honest i am spent.
It is a big shock that i am struggling even with this small amount of wrk.
Today i am wiped out, i still have tomorrow to do.
I am supposed to do nothing all weekend to recharge my batterie, i said if my brain gets too tired i might be sleeping fo days, It is my brains way of saying its not coping. Now i understand why the neuro people saud it would br harh foe me to get or keep a job.

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 05:52:02 PM »
Brain injury sucks.  Can't help, just  >bighugs< >chocolate< >tea<

janetb

• Charter Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 05:53:49 PM »
Dan,  Have you read 'A letter from Your Brain'    http://www.waiting.com/letter.html.

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 05:54:01 PM »
It took me years to work out that my limits are different living with brain injury than they used to be, the Jobcentre got it long before I did.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 06:37:03 PM »
Dans, you sound truly worn out in your last post -  so at this point in time, don't waste limited energy trying to understand the ins and outs of what I posted about ESA.  Get yourself some rest first and foremost and when you're ready, have another look at it and if it still seems like gobbledegook, I'll try and put it in a simpler way  >thumbsup<

Noisyworld

• Charter Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 12:34:20 AM »
janetb, I Loooove that letter, (it's aimed at people with bigger trauma than me) but explains everything so well  :-)

Now if I could just get the DWP to understand it >whistle<