Author Topic: Did you all remember?....  (Read 1765 times)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Did you all remember?....
« on: October 28, 2012, 10:41:12 AM »
...to put your clocks back by one hour?

How does the change affect you - I find that it takes my 'body clock' about three weeks at least to adjust  >erm<

JLRRAC

Re: Did you all remember?....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 10:47:15 AM »
"Did you all remember?...."

Yup, all of me remembered >biggrin<

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 10:48:50 AM »
yeh  Kizzy takes me a while like 12 months till they go forward again  >lol<

I wonder if the shift affects timing of meds for some people I know every one will be affected some way or other but for some timing of meds can be critical wonder how they cope?

12 months what is wrong with me? its about six months isn't it?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:52:50 AM by Ironic John »
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 10:54:55 AM »
Have just finished adjusting all the clocks in the house.

I find both the spring and autumn time changes very hard to cope with. Depression tends to worsen after the autumn change, anxiety and depersonalisation following the spring change.  I've found that limiting my exposure to daylight during the summer months is helpful in evening out the symptoms.  I use a heavy, dark blackout curtain in my bedroom. It is opened no earlier than 8.00am in the spring and summer and closed again no later than 9.00pm.  After the autumn change it is opened at 7.30 am, and closed at sunset, just to make the best of what daylight is available.  If possible, I try to get out of the house - even if it's just out the front, for an hour or so at around midday.

I used to use a daylight simulator box in the winter, but found that, while it did increase my physical energy levels, it also sent my anxiety rocketing as well.

This is a handy tool:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=136

It defaults to London, but can be set for a number of locations across the UK.

[Editing to add: If you click on the Sun and Moon button on the above page, it takes you straight to the "search cities" page. >doh<]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:07:31 AM by NeuralgicNeurotic »

JLRRAC

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 11:01:30 AM »
I was watching, I think it might have been the news paper reviews, when one reviewer said we should adopt 'Berlin time' because we do so much business with Europe. OK if that's the case why don't we adopt NewYork/Washington time or for that matter China time? 

I'm a bit biased, living in the North of Scotland and having experienced the days when as a wee schoolboy the wearing of fleuresent (sp?)  armbands as I made my way to school.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 11:10:12 AM »
I did the important clocks last night, like the boiler, bedside clock and watch. Adjusted bathroom clock this morning. Car to do.

Thanks for the reminder as I forgot the microwave and weather station clocks. Have quite a few other clocks inherited from various people but I can't be fagged to change these so don't bother to wind them or change batteries either.

Have watch that adjusts by radio signal but can't get replacement strap for that and am not going to sent it away to Casio as not worth it.

Radio clock in guest bedroom, which does not get used much in winter, stays on BST.

Why does every clock have a different sequence to change it? Usually have to use trial and error. I like clocks except twice a year. I say 'Fix BST all year round'.

I am happly for those up north to fix whatever time suits them.

JLRRAC

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »
"I am happly for those up north to fix whatever time suits them"

Jist a pity we can't wind them back a few decades >biggrin<

Minniehaha

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »
By the time we've adjusted all the clocks, watches and timers in our house we've lost that extra hour we gained!  >lol<

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 12:40:11 PM »
 >biggrin<

It really is a bi-annual faff I could do without - I'd like the time left on permanent BST as well..

Prabhakari

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 12:42:47 PM »
I thought that it was eleven-thirty. Then I started the computer and found that the clock on the wall, which is out of my reach, was correct once again.
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

JLRRAC

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 12:43:08 PM »
Och it's awe right if ye'huv the time tae be daein'it >biggrin<

Sunshine Meadows

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 01:16:22 PM »
By the time we've adjusted all the clocks, watches and timers in our house we've lost that extra hour we gained!  >lol<

>lol<

I forgot the boiler timer  >doh<

What I dont  understand is that when America no jet lag but the clocks move back an hour and I am all discombobulated.

Even when the clock times are changed my brainbox keeps saying so what time is it really should you have taken meds by now.

NN,

I took a look at your link I guess I am not with it at the moment because I looked across the top, clicked on Sun and Moon and thought it said Day and Night nap   >zzz< that will be me then.

>biggrin<

Yvette

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 01:33:03 PM »
It is time to get the S.A.D. lamp out again.  :-(

myrtlemaid

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Still fighting...well sometimes !
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 02:38:05 PM »
Flourecent stuff isnt a thing of the past..kids still have em...i have a flourecent gilet.. i may not be able to spot the cars but they should see me.
If you have a true and loyal friend you indeed have a goodly share of lifes riches