Author Topic: Minister claims Miraculous abilities  (Read 2357 times)

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
Minister claims Miraculous abilities
« on: March 31, 2013, 12:26:28 PM »
A government minister in an interview with the Daily Mail has declared that disabled people are getting healed! 

Who is this amazing healer?  None other than our dearly beloved Minister against for Disabled People Esther McVey.

She who cannot see beyond 2015 as no-one is her responsibility after that date, said:
many who get DLA and are officially classed ‘disabled’ are no such thing: ‘Only three per cent of people are born with a disability, the rest acquire it through accident or illness, but people come out of it. Thanks to medical advances, bodies heal.’
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Charter Member and Volunteer
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Minister claims Miraculous abilities
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 12:59:53 PM »
Where to start with that article. Even the headline is testicles!

I will go after bogus disabled... some of them DO get better!

From MS, perhaps, or Parkinsons, or a learning disability, or CP or a major spinal injury - do me a  >bleep< favour!!

Bearing in mind she is about to become the most hated woman in Britain, at least in the eyes of benefits cheats, Esther McVey looks very relaxed.

Aye right, because no-one claiming DLA could possibly be authentically sick or disabled.

McVey’s title of Minister for the Disabled gives the impression her job is solely to make life easier for them.

How? And who exactly is 'them'? A different species??

She is to slash what Ministers say is the most abused benefit in Britain, the £13 billion a year Disability Living Allowance (DLA).

Ministers might say it, but the DWP's own statistics certainly don't.

The number of people who get DLA has tripled to three million in 20 years

Ok, I'm officially losing the will to live here.

and McVey says if it carries on rising at the same rate, one in 17 of the population will receive it within five years.

Umm, how can one in 17 people claim a benefit that won't exist?

She says many who get DLA and are officially classed ‘disabled’ are no such thing: ‘Only three per cent of people are born with a disability, the rest acquire it through accident or illness, but people come out of it. Thanks to medical advances, bodies heal.’

And you've arrived at this conclusion after years of medical training and research?

Before becoming an MP, McVey helped run her father’s firm, got a law degree and was a successful TV presenter.

Ah, I see.

‘I’m not interested in academic backgrounds or who you are connected to, but your character, personality: are you a laugh to be with?

Well, you certainly aren't.

>runforthehills<

>Editing to add: I've taken screen shots of the article in case the buggers try to change it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:10:55 PM by NeuralgicNeurotic »

Prabhakari

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 02:36:18 PM »
Just another Nasty!
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:54:57 PM »
I really would like to see her try and walk on water the deeper the better.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »
Missed out this nugget of wisdom:

From next week, people who apply for DLA of up to £120 a week are in for a shock: they will be forced to take medical tests to weed out fraudulent claims instead of just filling in a form and getting it for life.

Arrgh!

I really would like to see her try and walk on water the deeper the better.

Can we get Simon Walters to join her?

ATurtle

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 01:48:23 PM »
Yet again Ms McVey puts her mouth into gear before her brain.

From next week, people who apply for DLA of up to £120 a week are in for a shock: they will be forced to take medical tests to weed out fraudulent claims instead of just filling in a form and getting it for life.

From the 8th April DLA becomes PIP so people applying for DLA next week won't get it!
Tony.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 02:14:45 PM »
Anyone read any of the more charming reader comments, such as:

I don't think you should get benefits such as income support or disability living allowance for mental illness such as depression. Rewarding people financially for being mentally ill, makes them mentally ill forever. It is encouragement by the government to be unhappy.

.. and when challenged, the same silly little ....person added:

Mobility problems, including back pain, arthritis, and other muscle and joint diseases, together account for more than one million DLA claimants. The next most common class of illnesses covered by the payments are learning difficulties at 380,000 and psychosis at 250,000. I stand by my statement that mental ilnesses especially depression and anxiety should not be rewarded financially with benefits. Far better for them to get out of the house and mix with people and gain support that way.

Well, that's one individual we can do without 'mixing with', for sure - it's that very sort of attitude that makes me want to remain in the safety of my own home where I can pick and choose my interactions, ta muchly!

For this 'person' I wish upon them a crippling, deep depression that totally immobilises them, forces them into a position where they have to claim benefits.. and then for them to have DLA/ESA refused after a medical with an unsympathetic ATOS assessor, so they can experience first-hand what it feels like to come up against small-minded ignoramuses like themselves with no understanding and no empathy.   Yes, I really did feel very angry reading that ...

ATurtle

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 02:39:37 PM »
For this 'person' I wish upon them a crippling, deep depression that totally immobilises them, forces them into a position where they have to claim benefits.. and then for them to have DLA/ESA refused after a medical with an unsympathetic ATOS assessor, so they can experience first-hand what it feels like to come up against small-minded ignoramuses like themselves with no understanding and no empathy.   Yes, I really did feel very angry reading that ...

Not just an unsympathetic ATOS assessor, but make matters worse, a Sympathetic assessor and an UNsympathetic Decision Maker!
Tony.

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »
I suppose we can be thankful that s/he didn't put the words depression and anxiety inside inverted commas.

>angry<

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 05:53:23 PM »
Not just an unsympathetic ATOS assessor, but make matters worse, a Sympathetic assessor and an UNsympathetic Decision Maker!

ATurtle, that would indeed be a wicked twist  >devil<

I suppose we can be thankful that s/he didn't put the words depression and anxiety inside inverted commas.

>angry<

Ah, you mean like I did with the word 'person' when referring to said DM contributor  ;-)

NeuralgicNeurotic

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 06:32:17 PM »
Ah, you mean like I did with the word 'person' when referring to said DM contributor  ;-)

Yes  >biggrin<

seegee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 07:34:24 PM »
Yet again Ms McVey puts her mouth into gear before her brain.

From the 8th April DLA becomes PIP so people applying for DLA next week won't get it!
To be fair, I don't think that is a quote, it's the journalist's interpretation of the new situation. There are a few direct quotes including:-
McVey says Britain’s welfare bill is ‘a fifth higher than the European average, over double what America spends, six times what Japan spends. We have to have a fair and robust system, but we must make sure the billions we are spending go to the right people.’

She isn't quoted as saying anything about fraudulent claims or about just filling in a form - that's pure Daily Wail!

Otter

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 09:18:56 PM »
minister claims miraculous abilities; like light shining out of MP's backside

sorry seems already to have been done Gordon brown

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 09:37:57 PM »
She isn't quoted as saying anything about fraudulent claims or about just filling in a form - that's pure Daily Wail!

The only fraudulent claims being the ones she her self  was making
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Prabhakari

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 10:33:34 PM »
The country is in a mess, through no fault of those out of work.
Thus it is that the Conservatives blame them and want to punish them by making survival impossible.
Bless 'em all, bless 'em all,
The long and the short and the tall.