Author Topic: The Smart Bra  (Read 3380 times)

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
The Smart Bra
« on: December 07, 2013, 04:26:34 PM »
Whatever you do don't burn it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25197917

Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
Re: The Smart Bra
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 04:48:26 PM »
Not sure about this and I'm sure it would be expensive.  I can tell if I'm likely to comfort eat but knowing that is not the same as stopping it happening.

JLR2

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 09:25:12 PM »
It is bad enough that the eco metres for our electric metres can tell if you are at home, which power sources you are using, that in our cars more and more monitoring is being brought in which can keep those doing the monitoring informed of where you are, how fast you may be driving, how heavy/light your brake usage is perhaps they'll develop gear to tell how often you flush your loo, the weight/size of any solids you pass through your loo, gawld they'll be working on the smart tooth brush next and sending users stern warnings if they fail to brush their teeth before bedtime. Big brother, not arf :-)

Dic Penderyn

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 10:16:41 PM »
And then of course there's the fartometer. Which will monitor your release of greenhouse gas.
Be careful in what you wish for, God has a sense of humour

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 10:33:54 AM »
 >lol<

Of course the results of the fartometer would be posted on the web so one could see the most gaseous regions of the country. I should think the peak would be close to Westminster where it is well known the biggest farts hang out.

JLR2

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 12:28:06 PM »
>lol<

Of course the results of the fartometer would be posted on the web so one could see the most gaseous regions of the country. I should think the peak would be close to Westminster where it is well known the biggest farts hang out.

Och naw, they test ran the fartometer at Westminster but found it wasn't powerful enough to withstand the excesses of hot air being pumped oot there.

SunshineMeadows (on Sabbactical)

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 08:44:39 AM »
Och naw, they test ran the fartometer at Westminster but found it wasn't powerful enough to withstand the excesses of hot air being pumped oot there.

>lol<

On a more serious note I like the bit at the end of the article that mentions a bra which zaps anyone going in for a grope.

I do think have larger boobs can be disabling because it does make self propelling the wheelchair more difficult and can also worsen balance issues. I cant get a reduction on the NHS.

Getting a bra on and off can be a real problem for people with back pain or movement issues.

JLR2

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 09:25:49 AM »
''Getting a bra on and off can be a real problem for people with back pain or movement issues.''

I'd have thought there would be many a willing helper in that sort of situation >biggrin< >hugs<

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 09:52:06 AM »
I'd have thought there would be many a willing helper in that sort of situation >biggrin< >hugs<

Lol you divvy.
I think maybe being disabled and a woman can be more complicated than being disabled and a man.
I would sooner ask my sister for bra help than Mr Sunshine because I want him to keep seeing me as his partner and not the woman he lives with struggling to get a on.

Maybe I am being sexist in suggesting it is easier for a woman to take the role of carer than a man.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
''Getting a bra on and off can be a real problem for people with back pain or movement issues.''

I would have though a front loading bra would solve that problem, (widely available.)

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »
 >lol< at this thread - on a more practical note regarding 'boulder holders', Mum and I bought these from ASDA, no hooks or any other fasteners;you pull them over your head as if you were putting on a vest and the cup pads are easily removable  (I've linked to the black version as the white literally disappeared into the background):

http://direct.asda.com/george/womens-lingerie/comfort-seamless-bra-black/GEM264608,default,pd.html?action=product_interest&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&placement_id=GRGTOP&strategy=PWBAB_PWVAV&findingMethod=p13n

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 10:58:52 AM »
Kizzy,

I would love to be able to wear something like that and I even bought one of those Belvia bras but neither did what I need a bra to do.

'boulder holders',

>lol< lol
For me this means underwire and looking for a bra style and make that costs 26 + from ordinary shops so I went on Ebay. It turned out the style I wanted was being discontinued so I bought 5 or 6 while I could. I then got a creepy email via Ebay from a bloke who wanted to buy my old bras eeeeeeeEwwww  >run<

Lankou,

I would have though a front loading bra would solve that problem, (widely available.)

In a way all bras are front loading for many woman as they employ the close and swizzle (around the body) method. I wish the powers that be would come up with something better than hooks and eye fastening because a few times last year I got trapped with a bra half off and had to shout for help.

ditchdwellers

• Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 12:05:08 PM »
I have similar problems Sunshine and I don't like to ask my husband for help unless absolutely necessary.   I have some of the soft bras like those Kizzy described for nighttime wear.  I have tietzes syndrome and need all the support I can get and they help ease the pain at night.  I find them a bugger to put on though as I can't lift my shoulders very high and they end up getting all rucked up at the back and I end up needing help to get disentangled,  especially if I try putting one on when I have just got out of the bath!  I get in right pickle  >biggrin<

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »
I get in right pickle  >biggrin<

I know what you mean  :-), it is like the back panel is designed to roll up and twizzle around itself argggggghh

I sometimes put a cami vest on to make putting the bra on easier then take the cami off. Something that we are never going to see on a Generation Game or Mr and Mrs type show. It is hard to keep the mystery going when disability and boobs conspire to make me feel less of a woman.

When I went for a MRI scan underwire bras were not allowed and I consciously tried to think like I was like one of my aunties in the 1970s and just put up with the lack of support in the MRI scan. It was a relief that all the staff were women.

Another aspect of this is if I lie on my back the weight on my chest can make it really difficult to get up. I expect if the Daily Mail saw some of my DLA claim form the headline would be 'Woman gets disability benefit because of big Boobs'.

Mabelcat

• Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 01:31:29 PM »
I am really top heavy and decent bras which give adequate support can be up to 40.  I think some of my back pain is caused by my J Cups which are very heavy.  When I used to run I used to hae to wear a sports bra plus a tight vest top or it was really painful.