Author Topic: My call-up papers have arrived  (Read 4854 times)

Monic1511

Re: My call-up papers have arrived
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2018, 10:26:51 PM »
If you are bored here are the staff numbers https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-workforce-management-information-2016
the main thing is there are new inexperienced staff who are easier to train /  condition into only reading the script rather than using their knowledge to the benefit of the claimant

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2018, 01:09:01 PM »
Any news yet Auntie? They told me 'I should' hear the result within 6 weeks. I am expecting the 6 weeks to feel like 6 months.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2018, 08:27:21 PM »
It is only 2 weeks.  I am working on not thinking about it.

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2018, 02:36:11 PM »
Hopefully you will hear soon and fingers crossed for you. Mine was about 3 weeks in total. From assessment to award.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2018, 08:33:42 PM »
I've just had my letter saying that they have all the evidence they need.  How long is it now to when I get a decision?

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2018, 08:08:29 AM »
Within 4 weeks. Although you can phone them to request a copy of the assessors report which should arrive in approximately 10 days. Their number is 0800 121 4433

The assessors report will have their recommendation of what award you should get and the DWP rarely award differently to the assessors advice.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2018, 03:49:22 PM »
I have had the decision - well it arrived on Saturday but I am having trouble digesting it.  Nothing.  All '0's.  It is quite a hard thing to take on.  At least with DLA it was an acknowledgement that I was going through chronic health problems.  I feel as though I have been dismissed by the State.

I have phoned up just now and asked for the report so I can do a mandatory reconsideration.  I am not a happy bunny.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2018, 04:32:23 PM »
 >bighugs<

I had a similar feeling even though I got some points, because the reasons bore precious little relationship to my actual impairments.  I felt invalidated.

Hopefully you can get it sorted on a reconsideration, but in the meantime, may I risk saying the obvious?  The state, in the guise of faceless departments and computers, may not be acknowledging what you are going through, but here we know it.  Ok, so people can fake it, but you'd have to be a bloody good and consistent fraud to fake it amongst Ouchers for so long and not get caught out.  So whilst you wait for the powers that be to acknowledge your chronic health problems and award you the benefits you need and deserve, at least accept such acknowledgement as we can give you.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2018, 07:05:34 PM »
Useless bunch of....   Sorry you've had that 'nil decision', auntie, it's not fair and it's not right.  If you qualified for DLA, then there shouldn't be all this palaver  >steam<  The PIP points system is pathetic, the whole damn thing is a shambles.  Just put it down to the State's blinkered vision in this matter rather than you being invalidated by them, if you can - it's all part of the overall plan to save money on the disability benefits bill, nothing grander than that.  And if the mandatory reconsideration throws back the same crap, there is the appeal process - I understand most PIP appeals are favourable to the claimant.  Nil illegitimi carborundum and all that  >hugs<

Monic1511

« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2018, 07:41:01 PM »
Hi Auntie

Sorry you got nil points - I was at appeals today with 2 people who had nil points and 6 points, the nil points came out with enhanced daily living 17 points and 8 mobility,  the second one came out with 9 points and 10 points.

Once you get the medical report you will be able to do a detailed reconsideration request,  please do it as a written one rather than a verbal one.
 >bighugs<
Monic

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2018, 09:33:18 PM »
Thank you for your support.  You are all helping.  Wish you were on my interview panel!

The lady i spoke to on the phone this afternoon said that I should get some more medical evidence.  I am not sure how I can do that.  The Dr's receptionist said that they do not write letters for PIP.  I think maybe I should get an appointment with the GP anyway and see what she says.  That is going to take a couple of weeks to get and I only have one month to do this.

Can I get an extension of time if I need it?

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2018, 09:57:32 PM »
Auntie, I'm very sorry about your pip award.  >hugs<

From what I know a MR has a strict one month deadline. I would get the mr sent within the time limit, then, send further evidence later on. Monic may know more
Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and you will then be able to argue against them.  Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria.  Unfortunately, I think mandatory considerations are a waste of time.  Sunny is the only one I know who managed to upgrade her award.  If I were you, I'd now prepare for tribunal, if you decide to go ahead.  Remember, ,Pip is a different award to dla.  Dla concentrated on disability.  Pip is about how your disability affects you.   That is what you must focus  on, for your MR or appeal.

Monic1511

« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2018, 10:37:28 PM »
Hi, when you phoned today they should have asked you if you agreed with the decision and when you said no but wanted the report they would add about 2 weeks onto the date that they expect you to write back by.

What you need to do is look at the descriptors and write why you meet each one you think is the correct one, as for medical evidence- you can ask for you medical records and CAB had funding to pay for it, mind you one of my colleagues said the new data protection rules should mean you get access to your records.

You are given one month to put in a reconsideration BUT late reconsiderations can be accepted up to a year and a date late, as long as you have good reason.

Id start drafting a reconsideration now so that you have most of it done by the time the report comes through.

Pm me if you want to be more specific
Monic

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2018, 02:21:07 PM »
Auntie, I am SO sorry to read this. This whole process is so stressful, I really wish the system itself wouldn't make the claimant's health and lives even worse. We'll be with you every step of the way  >bighugs<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2018, 07:39:08 PM »
Thank you for this information and thank you Monic for your offer.  I have been lying in bed thinking about what to say in the reconsideration, but cannot face it yet.  It will have to wait until I feel I can cope with what it says.  A few more days maybe.

One phrase that sticks out in my mind is that she reports that I drive a manual car.  She wrote that twice, so it must have been very concerning.  However nowhere in the DWP paperwork does it mention this as a criterion.