Author Topic: My call-up papers have arrived  (Read 5187 times)

bub1

• Gold Member
Re: My call-up papers have arrived
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2018, 08:00:41 PM »
Fight it all the way.
You can get your medical records from your gp.
Ours will do you a list of what you Have got and the date it was diagnosed for no charge. Maybe your gp can do this for you.
I sent a copy of this wonít forms for esa and pip.

Monic1511

« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2018, 10:34:15 PM »
Auntie
The issue with driving a manual car is 2 things, driving means you can multi task, moving upper body, need strength in arms and legs, be able to concentrate and observe your surroundings,  the manual car needs gearshift and that requires strength and decision making.  I donít drive so am not able to comment accurately but that seems to be the perception of the dwp.  You can argue it as you only drive when necessary, wonít drive if certain conditions are prevalent that day etc.
We can work on that when you feel up to it.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2018, 11:02:07 AM »
I got extensions on my MR.  I got the original decision at the beginning of November, and managed to get extensions until mid-January.  Mind you, that was fraught with miscommunications, so I ended up with a second MR notice, because they signed for my formal written request at about 5am, and sent out a MR notice later in that day.  A couple of weeks later I got a second MR, the phrasing of which made it clear that they hadn't read my request before they sent out the first MR, which was naughty because the deadline they'd given me was the day after they sent out their decision.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2018, 06:17:44 AM »
Auntie, you're very much in my thoughts, I hope that you are okay. Have you got someone who could sit down with you and help you write down what points you feel you meet the criteria for and why, ready to submit your MR?

This is where a good relationship with a GP is so good because if they know you really well they'll often happily dictate a short letter to support your application even if it's surgery policy not to, or if there would normally be a charge.

Possibly either the CAB or even CAP may know of someone with the necessary experience to support you. I know CAP is an organisation mainly for dealing with debt and money management but head office would know if any of their representatives and volunteers have experience with the benefits system and helping people through it. It's worth a try, especially as CAP, if there is a volunteer in your area with the necessary knowledge, do home visits which makes like so much easier.

Hugs and continuing to think of you  >bighugs<

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2018, 10:44:26 PM »
A big envelope from the DWP arrived today.  I have not opened it.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2018, 11:44:31 PM »
 >bighugs<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2018, 06:25:54 AM »
 >bighugs<   :-(

Monic1511

« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2018, 08:31:40 AM »
Hi
Itís likely to be the medical report so I can see why youíd leave it for a while  >bighugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2018, 02:06:08 PM »
Itís likely to be the medical report

Monic - I don't think your autocorrect's working properly, so I'll fix it for you:

"It's likely to be a creative work of fiction"

(On a serious note, Auntie, don't despair even if it doesn't say what it should, because once you know the errors in the observations and reasoning, you can challenge them.)

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2018, 10:20:49 PM »
Another thing that occurs to me.  I have not been paying car tax; I was exempt.  Now that I have lost DLA and did not get PIP I presumably should let the DVLA know as I will have to pay full tax now.  Or do DWP tell DVLA themselves.  Something else to have to get round to doing.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2018, 11:48:41 AM »
That's horrible.

It's all those little things that quickly add up when you lose a benefit or go down a rate of benefit, and they quickly add up.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2018, 08:04:02 AM »
Auntie, how are you getting on with it all?

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2018, 08:08:45 PM »
Today I plucked up the courage to open the letter from DWP.  Basically the assessor did not believe anything I said.  Whatever I put she said that it was reasonable to suggest that I could do it.

The lady who looked over the form before I put it in has not responded to my request for another meeting - I have emailed her again tonight.  I have asked the GP face to face for a letter and she said to put my request in writing.

I only have another two weeks to respond as a MR and I do not know what to put.  It is depressing.

Monic1511

« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2018, 08:32:36 PM »
Auntie
The assessor has just copied and pasted stock answers hasnít she
ďThe claimant walked 35m to the interview room, reasonable to suggest she could walk 200 m 0 points
Claimant responded to name being called, no communication issues
Claimant sat in chair and stood up unaided
Claimant was clean and well presented reasonable to suggest no problems washing and dressing.

Sound familiar?

You donít need a doctors letter at this stage,
Just draft a letter saying ďthe medical report is not an accurate reflection of my interview and does not give accurate information regarding my health problems.
The work through each point and give your viewpoint on the comments
If you can do it on the PC and you can rehash it to suit. Then print and sign and send back as a reconsideration
 >bighugs<
Monic

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2018, 09:33:45 AM »
Auntie if you have a compter/laptop maybe go to the benefits and work online pip self test and go through that answering each question choosing your appropriate answer bearing in mind that you may not be able to do something repeatedly and reliably or that doing the activity would either leave you in pain or incapacitated for X amount of time if you were to do it. Then print out the answer sheets from that questionnaire and briefly explain on a piece of paper by hand or typed why you chose that answer, why you can't do something or what are the repercussions if you do. Then with Monic's spiel about the assessor's report not being an accurate report of what you said or the realities of your abilities and disabilities and that you are attaching the printed out questions and answers that accurately represent the reality with your written explanations as to why your answers are correct and send that off with your MR. I hope that makes sense.

Meanwhile  >bighugs< and keep talking here.