Author Topic: If you won the lottery  (Read 247 times)

bub1

• Gold Member
If you won the lottery
« on: February 09, 2018, 08:27:24 PM »
If you millions on the lottery and I mean millions what would you do with it?
I would buy a farm house with lots of land.
On the land I would separate it into sections. Each section would have a mini farm house.
The reason to house cats and dogs that owners could no longer afford to keep. I would take them in look after them pay all vets fees etc. Then if their wanted to come and visit them they could the animal would still be theirs but living with me and they wouldnít have to worry about how they were going to look after them.
I would also employ a vet where people who wanted to keep their pets but couldnít afford vets fees could come young and old. There would be no consultation fee etc., you could donate if you wanted to but it would not be compulsory. I think this would help a lot of people.
On the land would also be a puppy and dog house cat and kitten house where any animal that had a disability could come if unwanted and find a home.
Thatís what I would do if I won the lottery.
What would you do?

>edit to replace block capital letters in thread title
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:13:20 PM by KizzyKazaer »

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: If you won the lottery
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 09:16:42 PM »
Thatís what I would do if I won the lottery.
What would you do?

Very similar aspirations to yours really, Bub - acquiring a decent property with land and setting up a cat rescue centre (I am a feline fanatic  >blackcat<)  Depending on how big the prize, would also give money to some members of the family - and definitely would ignore any begging letters from strangers!

SteveX

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 11:31:19 PM »
I would wait for the cheque to cash.  (just to make 100% sure the money was mine)
then I would build up my courage for a few hours and phone the DWP and tell them where to shove their money and cancel my claim.

Then I'd buy myself a house in the middle of nowhere, no people around, no neighbours to stress me out, no people knocking in the middle of the night or unknown people around stressing me out.

Ideally (and no, I'm not joking here) I would buy an old disused underground bomb shelter, the huge concrete ones with steel doors a foot thick!  I'd make sure it had a good internet connection, then I'd fill it with food and drink and lock myself away from the world. 

..only creeping out once a week or once a fortnight to visit my mum. (I would invite her, but she would hate it)

I'd also donate enough to ouchtoo to pay for the hosting and any bills for the next 100 years, so people in need will always have somewhere to come for support and help and hugs.

but.. before I lock myself away in peace and quiet for years to come, I would be really really brave and fulfill a lifelong dream, I would fly to America (IOWA) probably in a chartered 747 or something all by myself, no other passengers to cope with.  I'd then go to the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake and visit the last place Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and The Big Bopper played, then I'd head out the short distance to the crash site and pay my respects to them and leave some flowers, then I'd come home and enter my super safe and cozy bunker.
Member of POMMAS

Dark_Divinity

• Charter Member and Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 12:43:52 AM »

Go buy land to build a house or two, have a few caravan pitches, space for some animals and a smallholding to grow food. Create a little world of my own with unwanted pets and other animals.

Learn how to handle a boat that might be fun, if I get one with a wooden hull. If I am away on a long adventure then I could use Boatmail or something.
July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

June 2012 -Hypothyroidism.