Forum > Non-disability News and Current Affairs

News & Current Affairs board returning to original intention

(1/3) > >>

KizzyKazaer:
Hi All  :-)  To (hopefully) encourage more posting on the Talk board and to keep this board for what it was intended for:

--- Quote ---"A place for news articles and discussions related to current affairs, politics and ethics etc. "
--- End quote ---

...please, in future, can you post any news stories about disability matters (including benefits) on the Talk board (I'm aware some of you do this already) and use this one for general debate/discussion about all other current affairs.  For example, some of you might like to talk about Brexit, or Donald Trump and US gun laws, or the situation in Syria, or even KFC running out of chicken  ;-) 

This is the place to do just that, so we can chat about other things besides disability issues if we want!

Thanks in advance  >thumbsup<

Sunny Clouds:
Suggestion - change the name slightly, e.g. "Non-disability News & Current Affairs".

I say that because I'd never known it wasn't for disability news and it's possible I'm not the only one.  Indeed, I hadn't even taken on board that it was ok to post non-disability news on it.

That being said, perhaps you could consider re-naming "Talk" as "Disability Talk" or similar.

SteveX:

--- Quote from: Sunny Clouds on February 21, 2018, 07:47:05 PM ---Suggestion - change the name slightly, e.g. "Non-disability News & Current Affairs".

I say that because I'd never known it wasn't for disability news and it's possible I'm not the only one.  Indeed, I hadn't even taken on board that it was ok to post non-disability news on it.

That being said, perhaps you could consider re-naming "Talk" as "Disability Talk" or similar.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this^  I also assumed you couldn't post 'off topic' things there, my mistake.

KizzyKazaer:
Cheers, Sunny & Steve - altering actual board names is something I've not done before, so will have a look at that in the morning!  Seems like a sensible idea you have there  >biggrin<

Sunny Clouds:
This should be interesting.

New names:-

Testing, testing, testing forum
Disability news, talk not disability
Drat, testing, testing
Disability talk
Talk talk
The other talk
Disability talk that isn't talk
Requests for help by admins

Navigation