Author Topic: Got my PIP Assessment Date  (Read 1366 times)

bub1

• Gold Member
Got my PIP Assessment Date
« on: April 03, 2018, 07:15:36 PM »
Sent forms off with evidence got date through today.
They have given me a home assessment I really wanted a centre based assessment.
Is this normal for them to give home ones?
Itís on the 17th April.
I wanted centre as itís near where I used to live plusbit would get me out for a couple of hours lol.
Thankyou

Monic1511

Re: Got my PIP Assessment Date
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 07:44:14 PM »
Hi
I don't know if a home assessment is normal but all I would say is don't tidy up or change anything for the assessor and have someone with you if you can.
 >hugs<
Monic

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 08:58:30 PM »
I wonít tidy up as I cannot do it and my son will be with me

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 11:11:01 PM »
I suddenly thought how terribly funny it would be if someone who's either minimalist with a vengeance or a chaotic hoarder with clutter all over everything had a home assessment and didn't have a chair free to offer the assessor and made them stand.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 02:52:19 PM »
Oh my gosh I never thought about this! I've requested a home visit because I'd never manage to get myself into the city. But my living room is the one room in the whole house that's tidy. It's not got a lot in it but it looks smart. I live in my bed, and go into the kitchen to feed me and my dog and to let the dog out. The only time I go in my lounge or use it at all is when my CPN visits every 3/4 weeks. That's going to give the wrong impression isn't it? Shall I take them into my filthy cluttered kitchen and sit in there?!

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 07:23:42 PM »
Definitely. 

I'm afraid I'm a bit more naughty than you, though.  I'd either park a dog in the sitting room or lock it with a notice on the door "Caution, do not enter until ceiling has been re-inspected"   >devil<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Monic1511

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 08:39:22 PM »
Fiz
take them where you are most comfortable, it wont matter & if you spend most of your time in the kitchen go there

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 09:22:23 PM »
Comfiest?  Got it!  Take them in the bathroom and soak in a nice warm bath whilst they sit on the bog!  (But only if Monic advises that it wouldn't adversely affect your assessment.)

>run<

Monic1511

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 10:28:25 PM »
 >lol< >lol<
You might get into bother for flashing and in my case I wouldnít want to traumatised anyone  ;-)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 07:53:12 AM »
 >biggergrin<

I spend 23 hours of each 24 hours in bed, the kitchen is 1 hour probably making one mug of tea and getting us food. I could offer her a seat on the end of my bed, I think she could just about make her way that far into the room with all the mounds of clutter in my room but it hurts me to climb the stairs so I suspect I might choose the kitchen and stay on the ground floor.

I thought I could leave my morphine et al on the side. I can't believe I'm thinking like this. I rarely get dressed, I live in pj's. No point getting dressed if I'm housebound. I try to shower and dress the morning my CPN comes in case I smell which is likely but sometimes if my back is bad and it would be painful I either take maximum doses of painkillers and then an hour later shower and dress but sometimes I don't and just stay in my night clothes. If I'm low I don't care what I look like anyway. So I'm unsure whether even to get dressed as I rarely do. I can't remember whether I requested a female I will have to check my photocopied copy. Hopefully I wasn't in such a state with the form that I forgot. If a man turns up I'd probably cry about a man coming into my 'safe' space as they are a trigger for me. I know in my head that just because xh was violent and you never saw it coming so you had to be hyper alert and vigilant doesn't make every man like that. But no matter how many times I try and convince myself my fear is unfounded my whole body goes into terror mode and I cry. I have this once a year when the council send a man to check the boiler and every other year when my energy company come to check my meters. It took me 6 months of not showering before I could summon the courage to email the council to inform them my shower was broken because I knew a man would be coming. I can't use the bath because my back is too painful to bend and I can't get out once in there. So I'd made do with baby wipes for months and ignored my hair.

The idea of me having a bath while the consultation happens is funny. My loo is in a tiny room on its own and the bathroom is the room next door so I could picture them sat on the loo and me in the bath next door, talking to each other, had I been able to have a bath. I hope they need the loo while they're here, (unless they are male and I'll want them gone ASAP) because my bathroom is filthy. I can't clean the lower or higher shelves or the sides of the bath or the parts of the shower screen because I can't bend without pain.

I pushed through my fear to find a cleaner to do 2 hours cleaning a while back telling her I knew the house needed a lot more time to clean than 2 hours but that's all I could afford and just said to do what she could in the two hours but at the end she said she couldn't come back as there is too much to do in the house. I couldn't work that out because I was asking for 2 hours and even if she only managed one room or half a room, that was fine. I was just after an improvement. But that was highly embarrassing and I wished I'd never tried to get a cleaner. Plus my fear levels while she was in the house were awful. I need my house to feel 'safe' and having a stranger there ruined that and I was worried she'd go away and tell everyone she knew about the state of my house.

The kitchen it is then. Maybe I will ask them to mop the floor to get the mud off that the dog walks in from the garden. I can't lift a bucket needed for the mop. So the floors in my kitchen and bathroom are filthy. But I don't eat off them. I can't believe I'm owning up to the state of my house. There'll be half the fur of a golden retriever spread around the floors of the house too.

I am absolutely dreading it but also want it over with as soon as possible. How much notice do they give you of the date?

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 03:20:18 PM »
I may just let the dogs stay in in. As for chair there are only 3 in my house. So they will have to stand up lol.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 05:06:13 PM »
 >lol<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 07:32:01 AM »
Bub, how are you feeling at the moment about Wednesday? I hope you have lots to distract you.  >hugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 05:25:08 PM »
I will be thinking of you tomorrow bub (Tues). I hope it all goes well.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 05:40:14 PM »
Bub - last minute reminder - show it how it really is - don't put on that brave face that we tend to put on automatically when we meet strangers.

And keep telling yourself that whilst ideally they'll see how bad it is now, there's an appeal process if they don't write a fair report. 

>bighugs<