Author Topic: Got my PIP Assessment Date  (Read 2048 times)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
Re: Got my PIP Assessment Date
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2018, 01:21:59 PM »
Please, please, please if you don't get it, don't go into meltdown like I did.  I got kind emotional support here to pick myself up and apply for a reconsideration and prepare for an appeal, but you can get that by not hitting rock bottom like I did.

Prepare yourself for the possibility you'll need to ask for a reconsideration or even appeal whilst reminding yourself that there's a good chance you won't have to and that if you do, you're plugged in here to sources of information and help to get through the system to get what you're entitled to.

Also, if you don't get it, be prepared for absurd reasons.  Please don't let that fry your brain like I did, it's good because it makes appealing easier if their reasoning is nonsense.

I.e. if you don't get it at this stage, there are more bites of the cherry, so there's a safety net. Hope for now and hope for later.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2018, 03:59:04 PM »
This is the first time I have claimed it. So havenít had it so wonít miss it if I donít get it while I take things further.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2018, 04:09:43 PM »
 >thumbsup<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2018, 11:57:15 AM »
Phoned up today for a copy of the report even though no decision has been made yet.
Report being put in the post today. Thatís one step I wonít have to do when I get the decision

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2018, 04:46:34 PM »
Got copy of report very good at end it says to be reviewed in 2 years.
Looks like scored me for daily living 12 and mobility 10.
Say I get it do I have to notify ESA people or is that done automatically?
Not counting chickens yet as down to DM

Monic1511

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2018, 08:34:45 PM »
Hi Bub
wait until you get an award letter and then you contact ESA and tell them what you have been awarded and from what date.  If you get any daily living award then you need to tell them that no one claims carers allowance for you and that you live alone.  if that's correct you would get another £62.45 added to your ESA as long as you don't live in a full service area for Universal credit.

Monic

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2018, 10:17:40 PM »
Thankyou Monic.
I wasnít sure if they were told automatically.
I am in support group of esa.
As said not counting chickens just yet as itís down to DM.?

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2018, 12:26:28 AM »
I donít think we are due for full services universal credit till 2019

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2018, 12:13:48 PM »
If on other benefits will not be transferred to universal credit till 2019.
Shall I not tell esa then if I get pip?
I am not bothered about sdp?

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2018, 03:47:22 PM »
At present our area is full service universal credit area so what happens if I tell esa I am in support group eyc

Monic1511

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2018, 07:01:25 PM »
Bub
First check if you are full service are at this website by putting in your postcode https://universalcreditinfo.net/

You say that your area doesn't become full service till 2019 if that's correct then if you are awarded PIP you must tell ESA as its £64.30 a week or if you were transferred £278.63 per month.
All my answers depend on if you are CURRENTLY in a full service area so let me know that first before I go off on a rant  >whistle<

Monic

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2018, 08:58:47 PM »
Says universal credit is available in my postcode and is part of the full service Thankyou monic

Monic1511

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2018, 07:40:47 PM »
As you are in a full service area I will need to do some digging to find out if an award of PIP is classed as a change of circumstances.
thanks
Monic >hugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2018, 08:09:33 PM »
I just followed that link.  I'm in a full service area and transferred from DLA to PIP last year.  I went for review, but that was to go from standard to enhanced, which I got on review in January.  The original migration was in the autumn, though, and there was no suggestion of migrating me to UC even though the DLA ->PIP migration was originally to a lower rate PIP than DLA so in theory they might have tried to argue I'd improved.

Having said that, a couple of weeks ago, I phoned and asked to stop my IR ESA claim because of my inheritance, so I shan't be migrating to UC anyway, but that's still about 6 months post DLA->PIP migration with no ESA->UC migration.

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2018, 08:15:20 PM »
I do hope itís not a change of circumstances.
I donít want to go onto universal credit yet I would rather lose th sdp.