Author Topic: Steroid injections?  (Read 1690 times)

JLR2

Re: Steroid injections?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2018, 09:19:53 PM »
Awe nae need tae be needling me, ah get the point, 'am hoping noo that ma doctor disnae go thinking aboot giein'me awe ma jabs in the wan visit, jist incase ah might miss future appointments >biggrin<

JLR2

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2018, 11:53:21 AM »
After all that I remember the appointment get to the surgery on time and......I don't have the injection as my doctor feels it will not be of much benefit as my pain though still there has subsided over the last few days and may be due to something else. :-)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2018, 01:28:46 PM »
What?! I've a mind to write to the GMC to report your doctor for wasting Ouchers' valuable support efforts.  I think the least he could have done is to pretend he was going to inject your shoulder and just jab a big needle in it.

Well all I can say is that that shoulder of yours had better stop hurting completely to save me the effort of copying and pasting my previous 'don't worry' type comments again.

;-)
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

JLR2

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2018, 04:10:27 PM »
Och, whaur's ma hammer, ah'll gie masell a right sore arm and huv ma doc cut the flippin' thing aff >biggrin<

I do find myself wondering just what it hs been that's caused me my problem to start with,  if it's in my neck heck knows what I'll be able to do about that.

Thanks for everybody's help and advice in regards to my recent problem :-)

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2018, 09:17:26 PM »
What?! I've a mind to write to the GMC to report your doctor for wasting Ouchers' valuable support efforts.  I think the least he could have done is to pretend he was going to inject your shoulder and just jab a big needle in it.

Well all I can say is that that shoulder of yours had better stop hurting completely to save me the effort of copying and pasting my previous 'don't worry' type comments again.

;-)

>biggergrin<

jlr2 how do you feel about that decision?

JLR2

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2018, 01:27:27 AM »
I can fair understand it. No doubt when the pain returns to the level that saw me making my appointment(s) with my doctor I'll be cracking up again. It is not a nice feeling knowing there is something wrong but not what it is. The wee worry in my mind is there might be something to do with my neck/spinal that's behind things, I did explain to my doctor that I, at times, had problems turning my head to the left like to look over my shoulder. When I tried to do that when the pain in my right shoulder and arm was at its worse I would find myself turning my head sharply back to the right. If I don't try to look too far to the left I tend not to have the problem so I'll just avoid the pain knowing how to, doesn't really explain things to me but there's not lot else I can do.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2018, 01:30:39 PM »
I personally find that if I don't know why something's hurting, it seems to hurt more.  To me, that's part of the nature of pain.  Some people find it worse when it won't go away, but for me, it's like a fire alarm, and how annoying and intrusive it is depends on whether I know it's the weekly fire drill aka chronic pain, or either a new fire or a malfunction aka unfamiliar pain.

I recently had a scary new pain that I found was called an ice pick headache, but for a week or so before that, my  neck had been 'cracking' a lot when rocked from side to side, as you might if stretching a stiff neck.

I prodded around and found a tender bit on the neck that triggered the pain higher up on my head, and massaged it, whilst also changing how I was sleeping and making more of an effort to sit upright at my desk.  That helped and now the headache has stopped and the neck isn't cracking much.  I think I probably jolted the neck badly when I stumbled one day and fell into a bus seat instead of sitting neatly.

Anyway, what I'm clumsily saying is that I think not knowing what's causing pain can make it worse, so I hope yours gets better, and also I hope you can find something that eases it more.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2018, 05:42:34 PM »
I have just had 2nd steroid injection through neck for c5.
Hasnít worked yet again.
Back to consultant tomorrow to tell him.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2018, 06:07:02 PM »
It takes up to 3 weeks for full effect. When was it done Huhn? 

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2018, 08:51:02 PM »
4 weeks ago. Consultant didnít think it would work but wanted to try anyway

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2018, 09:22:49 PM »
Well I am now on the list for surgery on my c5.
Told it will be a few months.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2018, 08:29:20 AM »
I really hope that's successful bub. Has the doctor mention success rates?

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2018, 03:35:16 PM »
Sorry for late reply.
No he didnít mention success rates. But I have another appointment on the 11 th June to discuss surgery. I am worried about having it. So will see if there is anything else I can try.
I saw rheumatologist on Thursday and he has diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. Fun and games. Another illness on the list.

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2018, 02:11:27 PM »
Well saw consultant he is going to try a different injection but through back of neck. This one is different and has to get funding for it through local authority ( good luck with that one then).
He has upped all medication and prescribed tramadol.
If that doesnít work then it may be surgery but success rate is only 75 percent.
Will see what happens

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2018, 08:56:07 AM »
75% is quite a high percentage, definitely worth a go I would say. Tramadol is my most mild pain killer, I'm absolutely sure that they can find a level of analgesia that can help relieve the pain. Pain is the pits though  >hugs<