Author Topic: Universal Credit - transfers  (Read 165 times)

Monic1511

Universal Credit - transfers
« on: May 24, 2018, 08:58:31 PM »
Universal Credit replaces Income Related ESA, Income Related JSA, Working Tax Credits, Child Tax Credits and Housing benefit for working age people.
UC is paid monthly in arrrears
UC has no Disability premiums
If you are on new style ESA UC then your work coach can force you to look for work even when you hand in sick lines
Deductions are at 40% of your total amount and sometimes include your housing element as well
Advances jhave to be paid back within 12 months and you cannot negotiate the repayment rate - they can take back 63 a month
better stop there before I get reall bonkers  >angry<

Universal Credit is an absolute minefield and you could fill a board with posts but I was asked about migration.

CPAG has a good handout and this tells you a little about it but the main thing is - Migration to UC by DWP is NOT HAPPENING UNTIL 2019

please have a look at this link
http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/ask-cpag-online-how-does-natural-migration-universal-credit-happen

I'll add more later but can't face UC tonight - UC is not friendly to anyone and is discriminatory to disabled people and their carers  >dove< away for a  >chocolate< and a  >tea< incidentally  >dontpanic< >dontpanic<
Monic

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Universal Credit - transfers
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 09:31:27 PM »
What amazes me is how the Government managed to get away with introducing a benefit that excludes all the disability premiums - it doesn't even sound legal to me  >confused<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 07:40:02 AM »
And as we are all going to be switched over to UC then we'll all be worse off.

Monic1511

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 05:05:08 PM »
Kizzy there is a case going through judicial review just now.  A man with enhanced disability premiums on pip and esa support group was moved in a planned move to be nearer his relatives and more care providers.  Only problem when he moved he was moved to a full service area and to get help with his rent he had to claim UC.  His housing element is lower because hes only entitled to the one bedroom rate not the supported accommodation rate, he has lost the Sdp and the Edp, at least 125/week so 500/ month.

His carers got permission to take it to judicial review so will probably be a year before the judgement, then it will go to appeal, wonder if we will still be able to access the European court of human rights by then.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 05:17:27 PM »
 >x-fingers< for this chap with his rightful battle against a totally stinking system, it's good that someone out there is willing to take on the might of the callous barstewards who decided it was OK to make disabled people's lives even harder than they already are  >thumbsdown<  Pity it's going to be such a long drawn-out process for him, though (the wheels of justice and all that)