Author Topic: Refused home visit requested  (Read 901 times)

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: Refused home visit requested
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 09:49:44 AM »
Thank you Ally amazingly it's there! I've publicised it locally because there's a common complaint that he refuses to work with email. I could have got my letter to him a day earlier if I'd had this. I assume he can pick up his parliamentary emails remotely from his constituency.

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 10:03:04 AM »
No harm in sending an email as well as the letter.  That way you're making sure he knows about your predictiment.  After all, he's supposed to work for you.  That's why he was elected.  I hope things work out for you.  X

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 03:21:05 PM »
If I had a copy of the letter I wrote I might have written it into an email too but it was hand written and long so I don't have a copy of it.

Yesterday and today I've been in excruciating pain, none of my analgesics are touching it. So doing anything at all is a trial right now. I'm hoping after a rest I can get myself some food. I really hate my back.

My GP should have spoken to the assessment centre today so hopefully that will help.

Adult services telephoned me as my CPN referred me to them for a social needs assessment whatever one of those is, that's next week. Perhaps I can make friends with social workers from the adult services team and then I wouldn't be so lonely!  ;-)

bub1

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 04:49:12 PM »
We are all here for you.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 03:13:41 PM »
2 letters arrived today. One from either DWP or the assessment centre, I can't remember which and they said they were offering a home assessment and they'd let me know when an appointment becomes available. It was dated 25th which was before my GP and MP contacted them.

My second letter came from the MP's office and was a copy of the letter he has sent to the DWP. He said to the DWP that he's requesting a paper assessment for me but if that's not possible, then a home consultation which would need to be with a female assessor. Apparently he enclosed a copy of the letter I sent him to the DWP.

So I await the date of the assessment now and thankfully it will be at home so no worries about going out, getting, transport, facing men in taxis, crying in public and it won't all leave me in a ton of pain. So that's good. Obviously I'm still worried about the assessment but I will try not to think about it until the appointment is sent to me.

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2018, 03:39:31 PM »
I'm pleased things are moving forward on a positive note.  I'd keep the letter from the MP for future reference.  I'd also offer a copy to the assessor to ensure they have one.  It's also evidence of how your MH issues affect you.  Will anyone be with you throughout the assessment?  I've been reading on the B&W site of assessors not turning up for the appointments, but, claiming they did.  There was no interpreter at my f to f assessment.  Although they knew I was profoundly deaf, they didn't book one.  Either I cancelled the appointment, or, used my husband as an interpreter.  I wasn't sure if it would count against me if I cancelled, so, used my husband.  Therefore, I think, they don't read the information that's sent to them.  Hence, ignoring your home visit, and, my need of an interpreter.  Good luck  >hugs<

Monic1511

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2018, 07:26:29 PM »
 >thumbsup<  >bighugs<
That's another thing out of the way, well done and just keep on plodding along,  we will get there in the end
 >chocolate<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2018, 05:47:45 PM »
My home assessment date has come through, it's the 17th of May, so two weeks today. I'm very stressed about so many things at the moment I'm scared at some point I will break. I'm trying only to focus on the next stressful event only and then only concentrate on the following stressful thing once the first event is over. That way I'm only stressing about one thing at a time. If I thought of them all, I'd definitely break.

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2018, 06:38:11 PM »
Fizz.  I read your other post, and, I know how stressed you are right now.  Just take one thing at  time, that's all you can do.  When that's out of the way, concentrate  on the other one.  That way, you'll not break. It's easy to say, but, try not to think negative thoughts.  You worried about going to an assessment, and, that magnified into other situations that might happen.  It didn't happen.  You now have the home assessment you need.  Hopefully, it'll go well, and, that'll give you less to worry about. I think due to being alone so much, you don't have anyone to share your concerns with.  Therefore It's understandable feeling as you do. . I hope your life changes soon for the better,  take care  >hugs<

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2018, 07:38:54 AM »
Thank you Ally, that made me cry. I don't think many people understand on the whole what it's like being housebound and not talking to another soul except 2 medical professionals about my medical needs. I think it's a common ponder for people like to me to ponder on whether a life is worth living from time to time.

I'd be taking more top up medication daily through last week to manage the pain even only just moving around the house so my GP has increased the strength of my Buprenorphine patches so hopeful that will control the pain better and my top up meds will go back to being top up meds. Only been 24 hours since the new higher dose has been on though so I won't feel the full affect until Tuesday.

ally

• Diamond member
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 12:37:41 PM »
I didn't intend to make you cry.  I just wanted you to know that I can understand how hard life is for you.  Im not in your situation.  I have my husband,  family, and, a couple of friends.  However, due to my profound deafness, I often find myself on the outside looking in on others.  Unless someone brings me into conversations, or, uses signing, I'm lost.  Our family are having a birthday party for My husband in August.  I don't want to spoil it for anyone, so, unless someone takes pity on me, I'll probably spend part of it upstairs, or, by myself.  I just feel for you, and, others on this forum who lead lonely lives, not of their own making. We all have different needs, and disabilities.  However, most of us suffer from loneliness.

Up to now, I've had five spinal interventions. So, I know how difficult it is to mobilise when in pain.  Have you had MRI scans?  None of my spinal operations, nerve root blocks, or, injections.  worked, so, I have FBS.  During the last operation I was told scar tissue had wrapped itself round the nerve root, and, was strangling it.  That's how I came to have a spinal cord stimulator implanted.  I'm not sure if you've been to a pain clinic?  If not, I'd ask your GP about that.  I'm afraid you'll need to push yourself through the NHS system for help regarding your spinal issues.  I hope the increase of your meds help. Don't forget to tell the f to f assessor about that, when she arrives.  Get a print off of your meds, and give it to her.  Take care  >hugs<

Dark_Divinity

• Charter Member and Volunteer
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 02:24:49 PM »
 >bighugs<
July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

June 2012 -Hypothyroidism.

huhn

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 04:24:44 PM »
 >hugs< >hugs< >hugs< >hugs<

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 04:37:53 PM »
See what others think, Fiz, but my opinion is that you would be wise to seriously consider taking care not to up your meds too much just before your assessment (as opposed to now).  It won't help your case to seem calmer than usual or in less pain than usual.

The analogy I would use is very depressed or otherwise severely mentally ill people who go to an assessment and somehow get it together, perhaps with a lot of help from others, to wash, and dress cleanly and tidily, and do their hair neatly, and hold off the tears etc. when normally they wouldn't, and then they wonder why the assessor thought they were faking it when they said they struggle to do these things.  It's absolutely not about faking it to seem worse than you are, but rather to take care not to artificially seem better than you are.

But others may say differently, so don't just take my opinion on it.

>bighugs< >bighugs<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 05:55:16 PM »
The analogy I would use is very depressed or otherwise severely mentally ill people who go to an assessment and somehow get it together, perhaps with a lot of help from others, to wash, and dress cleanly and tidily, and do their hair neatly, and hold off the tears etc. when normally they wouldn't

Just something to think about here - not all mental illness means the self-neglect that you mention above.  I made a point on my DLA, PIP and ESA claims that I still associate being unclean and unkempt with being 'bad' and 'undeserving' (due to past institutional abuse when I was punished by being forced into a too-hot bath, having hair pulled during washing etc).  Therefore I will be more likely to present myself to assessors, CPNs - in fact, everyone really, unless I'm totally psychotically out of it enough to be sectioned - as ultra-clean and tidy.  In actual fact I have a tendency to over-wash - and can be triggered by things like a sudden rise in temperature which may lead to sweating and therefore those old feelings of being 'dirty'.  This could apply to people with particular forms of OCD as well, of course. 

Crying in front of people with any sort of 'power' is also a no-no for me, for similar reasons (dismissal, minimisation, scorn etc)

So it's not always cut and dried regarding physical appearance, but it does need elaborating on the claim form....

>edited to add
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:57:32 PM by KizzyKazaer »