Author Topic: Lonelyness  (Read 378 times)

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: Lonelyness
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2018, 06:14:40 PM »
Going back to the op,  loneliness is one of the hardest parts of my life. And being housebound I can't see anything changing. I struggle with phones, Skype would be far worse as I'm fat and ugly and people would see that I'm crying. I do have a group of online friends and I don't know where I'd be without them but it isn't the same as meeting up with a person. I can't see how that could change.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2018, 06:19:43 PM »
How did my post come across?

I can't speak for anything else, but I struggle to find anything you've said on this thread that I could or would disagree with, DD.

Not sure that talking about the negatives of my experience was a good idea.

I'd have thought that here was one place you could.

Surely everyone in Ouchtoo has experienced, as a disabled person, all sorts of difficulties and discrimination?  Surely we're all living in times where after centuries of fighting for equality and decades of thinking we were getting it, for all sorts of political reasons a lot of disabled people (not all) are finding themselves going backwards, getting inadequate services, funding, social inclusion, equality.

We each have different specific experiences.  One person will experience something good and another something bad but my gut feeling is that it's unlikely we'd be here if we didn't find that being disabled/impaired had been and probably still is a problem for us in some way, whilst we also post about some good stuff which encourages others. 

Anyway, I can out-negative you by a factor of 10-1 right now, because I'm in a very negative mood a lot of the time.   >raspberry<
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 06:28:25 PM »
I'm fat and ugly and people would see that I'm crying.

I hope this doesn't sound trite, but are there any other fat, ugly, weepy people you could hook up with?

The friends I think I've held onto longest have mostly been the ones that go through big ups and downs (including those that, like me, go through big ups and downs size-wise). 

Sometimes I cry on the bus.  I've done it more than once in the last week.  I've never seen anyone give me a horrid look over it.  I don't even see what might seem to be condescending pitying looks.  I get smiles or polite ignoring or attempts to make conversation (not about the tears, just things like weather).

I'm not saying that to push the Skype thing hard.  I'm just, very seriously, suggesting that you're not the only one that sees herself as fat, ugly, crying and that this might be less of an obstacle if you chatted with others that saw themselves that way.  If not Skype, then some other way.

Please don't think I mean 'oh that's easy' or am critical if you find it an obstacle.
(I'm an obsessive problem-solver, so feel free to ignore any suggestions or solutions I offer, even if they sound terribly insistent.)

Dark_Divinity

• Charter Member and Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 06:55:45 PM »
 >bighugs<
July 2017- Autism Spectrum Condition.

June 2012 -Hypothyroidism.

Sunny Clouds

• Charter Member
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 07:27:54 PM »
 >bighugs<