Author Topic: Heatwaves, good or bad for you?  (Read 2037 times)

Fiz

• Charter Member
Re: Heatwaves, good or bad for you?
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2018, 04:07:14 PM »
My sister said it was raining in East Sussex today but it hasn't here. It was showers forecast today and tomorrow so we'll see whether rain appears. I've been out in the garden today and it's fairly cool. Cloudy again though. Sunshine please! (Not the one on sabbatical having a well earned rest)

huhn

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2018, 04:54:18 PM »
come over here, today nice with only 35 and  some wind.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2018, 08:14:14 PM »
Only 35??  >yikes< I start melting ten degrees lower than that!  Mind you, it's more of a 'dry' heat in Cyprus, isn't it?  Over here we get more of the horrid, sticky humid conditions which make the temperatures feel higher than they actually are..

Apparently Poole Harbour has had less that 2% of its normal rainfall in the last few weeks at 1mm.

Don't worry, OldTone.  When you finally get it... I'm sure you'll really get it  ;-)  If there's one thing the British weather is good at overall, it's producing wetness ...

My sister said it was raining in East Sussex today but it hasn't here. It was showers forecast today and tomorrow so we'll see whether rain appears. I've been out in the garden today and it's fairly cool. Cloudy again though. Sunshine please! (Not the one on sabbatical having a well earned rest)

I'm glad you clarified that last line or I might have thought you'd had enough of me standing in  >biggrin<  We've just had some rain, I almost didn't believe it when I heard it!  Maybe just about enough to give the gardeners a break from the watering this evening  >Darkcloudraining<

More wretched heat on the way in the next three days.  It has to end soon, this is not seasonal!!!!

huhn

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2018, 06:29:24 AM »
up in the mountains is it dry with most of the time a little breeze , but sometimes it can be very  humid, with horrible  thick fogs in the morning.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2018, 10:08:41 AM »
When I went out to the car this morning I found a sprinkling of water drops on it. I wasn't sure if it had rained overnight.

However on the road I noticed just a couple of small puddles so I supposed it must have, although the road and pavements were otherwise dry.

Still hot and sunny with no cloud at present.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2018, 07:19:40 AM »
We haven't had a cloudless day here for weeks. Today looks like it might be but I've taken a picolax as I've run out of my normal laxatives so I'm not sure how much of the outside I will see today. Or downstairs even. New meds being delivered today, I just hope I'm "available" to take them from the driver and sign for the morphine  >doh< 

bulekingfisher

• Charter Member
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2018, 09:56:59 AM »
Hello Kizzy Kazaer

Here in Kippax Leeds West Yorkshire we had a little rain last night + at breakfast time we had thunder, lightening + heavy rain. Yesterday I got a brand new manual wheelchair I chose an electric blue frame. Leg rests that fold back against the wheels  arm rests that fold back +b a big table that easily slide's on the arm rests. I'm very glad I paid for the extra add on's. I could  of had a black bog standard N.H.S job free of charge.

ATurtle

• The Awesome Turtle Blog
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »
Heatwaves, strangely the "arthritis" is still as bad, wonder if it's the humidity or the fact that the granddaughter wants to go out and run me ragged?

I agree Kizzy, this heat would be OK if it weren't for the humidity.  My aunt, who lives near Torremolinos told me yesterday that their temperature was only 5 degrees higher, but the humidity was a third of ours, why can't I win the Euromillions?
Tony.

"I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability." - Robert M. Hensel

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2018, 01:31:57 PM »
Do you actually do the European lottery? I guess we'll be leaving it next year?!

Cloudy here yet again but very muggy. I could really do with a swimming pool so float around in, roman steps 'n all.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2018, 02:25:43 PM »
Hot, but with a good cooling breeze. Very pleasant out of direct sunlight. A some cloud but no sign of rain, although I thought I did hear one distant rumble of thunder this morning.

My arthritis not as bad as a couple of weeks ago even though I usually find it worse in the heat.

If you mean the Euromillions lottery I don't think it is dependant on the EU so Brexit shouldn't affect it. Assuming I understand you correctly.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2018, 04:58:33 PM »
Some mixed fortunes with arthritis sufferers, it would seem... ATurtle, regarding your granddaughter, are you ever amazed at how children seem to retain their energy when we adults are wilting  >confused<

Just waiting now for the rain we've been forecast for the weekend, especially on Sunday - heavy with strong winds and down to 18 - 19C, would you believe it.   Positively autumnal... if it happens!  Still, you're not too far from me, OldTone, so if you've had a bit of thunder, things could be changing in the South-West at least  >x-fingers<

Fiz, I don't know about a swimming pool, I'd welcome the whole sea right now  >biggrin<

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2018, 06:18:01 PM »
Nothing further on the thunder front, not even any rain. A bit overcast and humid indoors although good breeze outside. Not clear whether rain is expected here.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2018, 10:31:05 AM »
We had some rain last night, but again only enough for a few drops on the car and the odd puddle, otherwise the roads are dry. Nothing like the storms others seem to have had.

However, it is a lot cooler this morning with a strong breeze. Very pleasant after all that heat.

KizzyKazaer

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2018, 11:30:15 AM »
The wet stuff might be wending its way towards you even as I type, OldTone - we've just had a huge shower with more to come as the day progresses... Never thought I'd be so pleased to see rain!!

...and it's now a mere 21.5C in my home.  Carry on like this and it'll be on with the central heating  >lol<

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2018, 11:33:30 AM »
Currently 23.8c indoors and 18c outside. Ideal.