Author Topic: Heatwaves, good or bad for you?  (Read 2300 times)

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Heatwaves, good or bad for you?
« Reply #60 on: 28 Jul 2018 11:40AM »
And even cooler tomorrow, apparently  >thumbsup<

Dunno about you other peeps, but I have certainly felt my energy levels rise as the temperature falls - was actually feeling up to tackling a few little household jobs yesterday in the late afternoon, when it's normally been too hot at that time of day to do much other than flop around!

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #61 on: 28 Jul 2018 12:34PM »
Only 15 here today and a very cool breeze. I've put the duvet back on the bed, I've been sleeping without any cover for 2-3 weeks.

I wonder if this is the end of the heatwave this year.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #62 on: 28 Jul 2018 01:00PM »
Forecast for these parts is generally cooler and wetter for the next few days then gradually warming later in the week. Not quite to 30c though.

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #63 on: 28 Jul 2018 01:39PM »
The forecast here on the most Southerly Point tomorrow is we are all doomed.

Fiz

• Charter Member
« Reply #64 on: 29 Jul 2018 09:03AM »
You must be neighbours with a close friend of mine then lankou as they live very close to the most southerly point in Britain.

It's chucking it down now. The ground needed it I know, but I didn't. 

lankou

• Charter Member
« Reply #65 on: 29 Jul 2018 09:14AM »
You must be neighbours with a close friend of mine then lankou as they live very close to the most southerly point in Britain.

It's chucking it down now. The ground needed it I know, but I didn't.

I live within 700 yards of the Most Southerly point.

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #66 on: 29 Jul 2018 09:20AM »
At last some proper rain this morning. Not a deluge but steady with a stiff breeze. Lovely as long as is doesn't carry on too long.

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #67 on: 31 Jul 2018 05:20PM »
Lankou, I wouldn't like to have been caught outside in that  >yikes<

We had a Sunday of almost constant wind and rain, as the weather folk said, but guess what.  This coming Friday to Monday, we're going to see 27C - 29C again.. just when I thought it was all over  >crying<  Oh well, the days of 'respite' are good to have - actually had goosebumps on my bare arms this morning!

SteveX

« Reply #68 on: 31 Jul 2018 08:09PM »
Last couple of days here have been fine and although I hear the heat is coming back, it was nice to have a break from it, even if it was only two days.
Member of POMMAS

KizzyKazaer

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #69 on: 03 Aug 2018 09:22PM »
We should complain - see what Europe's getting and how it's affecting things from zoo animal feeding to Brussel sprout growth:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-45054964

oldtone27

• Charter Member
« Reply #70 on: 04 Aug 2018 09:38AM »
Had some visitors for a couple of days so spent quite a bit of time on the beach at Sandbanks. Better than the Costas I think.

28c but with a pleasant breeze and lots of factor 50.

Monic1511

• Moderator Welfare Rights
« Reply #71 on: 04 Aug 2018 07:38PM »
Just very grateful that I'm not in Portugal - one of my workmates went to Portugal for holiday last week.
Its dull and clamy where I am just now

JLR2

« Reply #72 on: 04 Aug 2018 08:23PM »
As I sit here typing I'm waiting from a call from my friend in Berlin who is at a hospital in Berlin where Her father is a patient. My friend's father is 96 and for a few weeks was settling into a local carehome. He had been moved there from a nearby hospital where he had been being treated. He was hardly in the carehome when he was rushed back to the hospital suffering pneumonia, it would seem he was moved to the carehome too soon. Following a carehome staff member becoming concerned yesterday about my friend's father's health and calling in the home's doctor he was returned to the hospital having been diagnosed with pneumonia again. This with a man with very poor kidney function coming on top of the heatwave been experienced in Europe makes things scary for my friend, she has been advised by the nurses at the hospital that her father might not be with us much longer.

For me I feel really awkward as with my having just returned from Berlin recently I cannot return anytime soon and I'm not sure at all what help I can be for my friend given all I can do just now is talk via the phone. It is horrible feeling so utterly useless.

JLR2

« Reply #73 on: 04 Aug 2018 08:48PM »
Just spoken with my friend, she told me she will stay over night at the hospital and that a nurse has explained to her that her father will probably pass away tonight.

auntieCtheM

• Charter Member
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #74 on: 04 Aug 2018 08:56PM »
*hugs*